Help! Summer motivation ideas

Ninaad
Ninaad Posts: 28
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
I started back in January and with many setbacks and startups, I slowly lost 19 lbs. I am not complaining, but I am a college student, and as soon as I got home for the summer, I seem to have hit a wall. I still workout, but not as much, and I can't seem to control what I eat anymore! It's discouraging. I haven't gained any weight back, but I certainly haven't lost any. To make matters worse, I ran into about three people this week who have not been trying as hard as me to lose weight (or working at it as long) and they have already lost more than me!

I need some ideas for what can get me motivated for summer and back in the game. Thanks!

Replies

• sngnyrslp
    sngnyrslp Posts: 315 Member
    I have the same problem! It's SO much easier to work out and eat well when I'm at school. during the summer, I stay with friends or my boyfriend and there's never any healthy food around. I spent a looot of time at restaurants too. I'm looking forward to hearing what other people suggest!
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    they might be doing it in unhealthier ways, don't even let them phase you! just stay focused on you.

i really don't like exercising so it needs to be fun. i bike everywhere, it is my mode of transportation and a great workout. my boyfriend lives a ten minute drive, i bike it in 35 minutes. i bug all my lazy friends all day long to play badminton, soccer, basketball, rollerblade, and eventually, someone joins me!

just get out of the house, stay out of the malls, and do summer things. go hiking and take pictures, and stay out all day (before it gets dark of course) and i guarantee youll lose weight by walking up and down hills, caverns, and rocky terrain.

good luck!
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Encourage the people you are staying with to start stocking up on healthy items to eat. Show them new ways to cook food that is just as delicious. I'm moving home in a few months and I started teaching my Mom months ago how to start cooking better. Working so hard to lose weight and then get to a place where you can't is very frustrating. Encourage your friends to stay out of the restaurants and bars and do things outside together. If they like to drink suggest going to the lake to play volleyball or football. You can still drink and have a good time. It's probably cheaper this way too! If you do go to a restaurant try and eat half the portion they give you. Put it in a box right away. Hope some of this helps.
This discussion has been closed.