Day one of Cambridge Diet (VLCD)

Options
Today is my first day. I'm buzzing with excitement at the possible results. I know the hardest part is the first 3-5 days until my body goes into ketosis. I seem to have plenty of motivation right now!

I chose this diet as the idea of having to come off it really slowly to prevent me from gaining the weight back really appealed to me! One of my biggest downfalls has always been portion control.... so a shrinking stomach due to lack of food is a good thing for me!

I'm wondering who else here is following this plan or something similar? Add me as a friend so we can keep each other motivated?

(I would like to add that this diet WAS my last resort diet, and that I literally have tried WW, SW, Slim-fast, LCD etc.... but the problem with them was that I was given too much choice! For me things need to be strict in order for me to be able to stick to it.... so please don't assume that I haven't already tried the diet & exercise route. I know there's plenty of controversy around VLCD and I have not come here to be lectured) - Kudos! xx

Replies

• angiecambridge1
    Options
    Hi, I've been sole sourcing for 5 days now. In case you're not sure, sole sourcing means using only cambridge products like shakes 3-5 serving per day as your sole source of nutrient. I plan to do this for 9 weeks and hope to lose about 40 pound...time will tell, so far I'm down 5 lbs! I feel like you, I need a strict diet, to keep me from wandering.
    If you facebook, check out my daily blog and photos at facebook.com/angie.cambridge.1
    Add me as friend and I'll do the same, for privacy only friends can see most of my blog.

I'm looking for support, so please tell me how your doing, I'd love to hear.

Angie
  • theibster
    theibster Posts: 13
    Options
    Hi! I'm also doing VLCD, but I'm doing Slim and Save which is similar (but a lot cheaper!)
    I've done it before for a few weeks and had brilliant losses, starting up again today as I fell off the wagon a bit - I seem to have off and on willpower :D

Anywhooo good luck with it! Excited to see your results! xx