need help!!!!!!!!

Options
I ate something with dairy or soy in it or something, feel like bloated junk and the 2 pounds I finally lost last week came back. I have to learn how to eat again.. any help you guys? no dairy ..soy or meat. not sure on the wheat yet.

Replies

• spob
    spob Posts: 206
    Options
    When I went to a nutritionist many moons ago, they put me on the brown rice diet. It is an elimniation diet, very blande not too difficult to follow, at the end of the two or three week term, I felt amazing, all aspects and issues of wheat, dairy, sugar caffeine etc were eliminated. then we slowly reintroduced foods to see what was a tolerable level. The diet would be easily found via google.. It is not a fad, it is based on cleansing and detoxing, you will lose weight as your body releases all the stored stuff from all the above allergens and can be used periodically when you feel bloating etc. The actual focus of the brown rice diet is medicinal not weight loss, however when you rid yourself of the stored garbbage the weight loss is a nice bonus! I am such a terrrible eater right now. But I remember when I did the diet after the first withdrawal days were over, I felt thin, energized and had NO cravings.!!! I might even get the courage to do it myself!:drinker:
  • spob
    spob Posts: 206
    Options
    oops
  • ericakgilmore
    Options
    You should try Ope's stuffed sandwiches. They are vegan, non-dairy, low calorie and extremely filling! The only catch is that they are a little expensive and you have to order them in bulk if you can't find them at your local grocery store.

www.opes.biz

I absolutely love them and highly recommend the pizza and southwest sandwiches.
  • rmccully
    rmccully Posts: 319
    Options
    Brown rice diet I will look into that.
  • alisal0113
    alisal0113 Posts: 9
    Options
    I would suggest an all raw diet until you are more familiar with your restrictions. Fruits, vegetables, and nuts. It is easier to know the ingredients in a raw food meal.

If that is a little extreme for you throw in some fish, or chicken, but try to avoid the heavier meats.

Stay away from processed foods!!! When transitioning over to a more conscious diet processed foods are your enemy. They like random additives that are unnecessary. It is much better to buy the ingredients yourself and put together your own meal. If you are short on time spend a day making up meals for the rest of the week. Your freezer is your friend.

Here are some websites that have raw recipes:

http://www.fromsadtoraw.com/RawRecipes.htm
    http://goneraw.com/

If the raw diet isn't your thing, no problem. My nutritionist put me on a very simplistic diet as well, although not as restrictive as the "brown rice diet". Although I'm sure the "brown rice diet" is effective, it is much better to eat a range of foods so your body is not deprived of vitamins and minerals. Just eat simplistically. Baked chicken breasts with olive oil and herbs (avoid packaged seasonings. Use fresh or dried herbs), steamed fresh vegetables (packaged vegetables have additives, such as butter and/or MSG!), and for dessert drink a cup of tea with honey or eat a slab of DARK chocolate (you can have DARK chocolate because it doesn't have any dairy in it. Read the label or buy it from the health food store/section).

Let me know if you have any questions.

P.S. Almond milk or Rice milk is a good alternative to Soy milk or Cow milk.