30 DS- still doing modifications, move up to level 2?

Options
Good morning!!

I'm on day 5 level 1 of 30 DS (was doing it 2-3 days/wk with C25K the other days, but due to a persistent sore knee, I'm committing to 30DS and saving C25K for next month).

Since I don't foresee being able to do full pushups or full butt kicks after the 10 days, should I still move up to level 2? Did anyone move up to the next level while still doing some modifications?

(I did a search for this topic but only found a lot of "ouch-Level 2" type of threads).

Thanks and have a great Friday!!!

Replies

• DouMc
    DouMc Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    I have done all of 30DS and I am now doing Ripped in 30 and I still can't do a full push up so I would say yes, go and move up after the 10 days. The routine gets boring if you keep doing the same thing and its probably good to change it up so you are working different muscles as well. Its possible to do the next levels if you are not able to do the advanced versions of some of the moves, just do what you can. I was delighted with my results from 30DS and I did loads of modified moves the whole way through.
    Good luck!
  • yamsteroo
    yamsteroo Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I moved up without being able to do more than a couple of full push-ups (and even they were ragged!). I'd reached the point where I could get through level 1 just fine and it wasn't a challenge - except for the push-ups! So rather than get bored or disheartened, I moved on and yes - L2 is quite a shock :)

I do push-ups too as well as 30DS as I really want to master them if only for my own satisfaction but it will take a while and I it didn't seem worth hanging on to L1 for what could be weeks before I can knock out 10 in a row.
  • Focusedjessy
    Focusedjessy Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I had to modify things throughout the whole thing. My plan is to sometime go back and do it again with less modifications.