My Indian Dinner... Whaddya Think?

Options
Ge0rgiana
Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
Normally I pipe into other people's threads to give my $0.02. That's just how I am. :tongue: But, today I figured I'd ask for some feedback. I'm going to an Indian bistro tonight for dinner. We're celebrating me finishing my last exam and finally wrapping up my Bachelor degree. Yay! Although I plan to hit the pool later for some serious calorie burn, this is not exactly a cheat day for me, because I am weighing on Saturday. (Weighing is a rare event for me because I have a bad relationship with the scale.) I don't wanna completely blow it.

I did some research on past threads. A lot of people gave a lot of good advice on eating Indian! I came up with this "target" meal.

2 lamb kebabs
1 tandoori roti
1 side salad with lemon juice (or kachumber)
water with lemon

Using my best guess for the lamb kebabs (Royal Market - Lamb Lula Kebab, from the database), my food diary lists the stats on this meal as follows...

514 cals, 42 carbs, 7 fiber, 34 protein, 24 fat, and 859 sodium

So, what do you think? Yes, it does fit into my nutrition goals for the day. I'll be a little over on fat, but I'm always over on fat on Wednesday nights. I'm more concerned with whether or not it sounds right.

I'm so excited! I LOVE Indian food!

Replies

• VioletteMelikyan
    Options
    I don't see anything wrong with your planned dinner...The only thing that would concern me is the roti...Did you find it in the database? Also, be careful because I think the term "Lula" means ground meat....at least it does in my culture (Armenian). When we make Lula kabob, it's ground meat (usually beef or chicken) on the skewer. Perhaps you should try grilled lamb loin...as it is probably MUCH leaner than ground lamb...

With that said, I think you deserve an evening of good food and fun....try not to worry so much and concentrate on laughing and talking and dancing (possibly) instead of the food.

Congratulations & keep up the good work!!!
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Sounds great!
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    I don't see anything wrong with your planned dinner...The only thing that would concern me is the roti...Did you find it in the database? Also, be careful because I think the term "Lula" means ground meat....at least it does in my culture (Armenian). When we make Lula kabob, it's ground meat (usually beef or chicken) on the skewer. Perhaps you should try grilled lamb loin...as it is probably MUCH leaner than ground lamb...

With that said, I think you deserve an evening of good food and fun....try not to worry so much and concentrate on laughing and talking and dancing (possibly) instead of the food.

Congratulations & keep up the good work!!!

Thanks so much for the feedback! I did find the roti in the database. It's listed as Indian - Tandoori Roti. 165 cals, 32 carbs, 458mg sodium. A couple of people said it was made with whole wheat flour, and I instantly liked the sound of that. As for the lula, thanks for translating! I had no idea what it meant. I do prefer loin, and I'll try to order that. It was just hard to pick anything better out of the database. I'd rather overestimate calories and fats and such than underestimate! :wink:

I did pass my test, so I am now officially a graduate! Now that I have a good game plan to get a decently healthy meal, I am going to focus on kicking back and having a good time. :bigsmile: