Please help !!!!

Options
qtrhrse1
qtrhrse1 Posts: 19 Member
I am so frustrated things that have worked in the past aren't working. I just got done with a week of atkins lost 1 lb. what should I do continue with atkins just do plain old calorie in calorie out and then eat back exercise calories. Tell me what has worked for you please. I am so do tired of this fight. Will I ever win it :(. Thank you.

Keri

Replies

• melodiclyrics
    melodiclyrics Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    When I started on MFP I counted calories quite religiously. Now, I just eat better. I know that might not sound helpful, but I just eat a lot of veggies and lean meats. I don't count calories now, I mostly drink water and don't eat stuff I know I shouldn't.

That might sound unhelpful, but it's true.
  • Kailey84
    Kailey84 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I would offer the same advise - Eat clean, drinks lots and keep active. I started with a very very strict calorie count plan, then once I started to understnad food better I gave my self the freedom to just eat without a great investigation into each meal. As encouragment, you may have only lost 1lb last week, but I bet your body feels better. It's not always about weight. Try to remember that healthy is not a weight, it's a feeling.
    Best of luck on your journey !
  • Alison12121
    Alison12121 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    First of all, you lost 1 pound, and that's great! The pounds add up eventually. I tried Atkins before, and I lost a lot (almost 6 pounds) the first week, so it was probably just water weight. My loss stopped after a few weeks though. While I lost some weight on Atkins, it is still possible to eat too much on the Atkins diet. I think I did, and that's why my weight loss stopped.

If you're committed to living that lifestyle, then you probably just need to give it more time. I prefer counting calories because MFP has worked better for me than Atkins. I also found myself really limited in what I could eat, and it wasn't sustainable for me. However, I still think it's important to do what works for you. If you still prefer to eat low carb, you could try eating low carb and tracking your calories on MFP to see if that makes a difference.

You can do this. It took us some time to gain weight, so it's going to take some time to get rid of it. *hugs*

(I forgot to add that I eat most of my exercise calories back).
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    I am so frustrated things that have worked in the past aren't working. I just got done with a week of atkins lost 1 lb. what should I do continue with atkins just do plain old calorie in calorie out and then eat back exercise calories. Tell me what has worked for you please. I am so do tired of this fight. Will I ever win it :(. Thank you.

Keri

Atkins is a diet. Stop dieting and start eating a variety of foods (mostly healthy, some not) and practice moderation and portion control. Log every single bite. Stay consistent in your calorie goal (make sure it's a sensible calorie goal not too low). Avoid restrictive diets and develop eating habits that you can sustain for a lifetime. 2 chips ahoy everyday never made anyone fat.....eating the entire package is the problem! Moderation!!!!!
  • sprintto50
    sprintto50 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Just plain old tracking calories and eating back exercise calories works. Weight loss required patience.
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    Atkins is a terrible idea, as are almost every other food-exclusionary diet out there. Unless you have medical or ethical reasons to not eat a certain category of food, there is no reason you should deny yourself. That just sets you up for failure, when you finally crack and binge on whatever "forbidden" food you've been craving.

Fill your plate with lots of vegetables, plenty of lean protein, moderate whole grains and dairy all while keeping at a 10-20% deficit, and you will see weight come off. No need to torture yourself with unnecessarily restrictive rules.
  • jnelson4
    jnelson4 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Keri, have you had a physical from you doctor this year? Make sure that there is no underlying medical issue hindering your weight loss progress. Then eat healthy foods, drink lots of water and make sure you are at least walking 3 - 4 times a week if nothing else. I've had success with the "Eat To Live" plan....but modified to include lean chicken/fish a few times a week. Good luck!
  • laurahempstead
    laurahempstead Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    keep trying to eat lower carbs/ more fresh vegetables and higher protein (lean meats). Continue to track your exercise and your food diet. Most people lose 1/2 to 1 pound a week when they are on a good eating plan that will allow them to lose the weight.

Hang in there! Some people have weight set points, and struggle to lose for a month or two, then easily drop up to 5 lbs until the next set point. Stay the course for at least 6 months before you give up!
  • teagin2002
    teagin2002 Posts: 1,901 Member
    Options
    I have a few resources on my profile. I leave it open for all to help them with options. I believe in mixing things up. Feel free to look over them and good luck.
  • perezram
    perezram Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    MY ADVISE DONT STRESS OUT OVER LOOSING WEIGHT THE MORE U THINK ABOUT IT THE LESS U LOOSE BEEN THERE DONE THAT EAT HEALTHY STOP THE NOT GOOD SNACKS AND EATING LATE EXERCISE AND ULL WIN
  • batchickxD
    batchickxD Posts: 2
    Options
    Atkins is a diet, not a lifestyle change. What I did to lose 22lbs in three months wasn't dieting. I just curbed the junk food, drank lots of water, cut off soda and other sugary drinks (a MUST), and ate less, however I had a healthy snack in between each meal.

Now this might sound craz, but a recent study showed that eating a slice of chocolate cake in the morning along with a huge breakfast helps you lose weight. Dark Chocolate is great! May not be as yummy as Milk Chocolate, but it satisifies me.
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options

Keri

I feel your pain. I have 60lbs left to lose, and I havent lost more than a few pounds in 6 months.

Maybe you need to change your focus, your way of thinking. I changed my goal from weight loss to building strength. The scale isnt moving, but my body is changing in amazing ways. The last time I was this size, I weighed 20lbs less. In the last 4 months I have sculpted my arms and shoulders, my legs are firm...I dont think twice about throwing around 50lb bags of chicken feed.
  • WaxMama
    WaxMama Posts: 369 Member
    Options

Keri

You are putting too much pressure on yourself and you're setting too many expectations. 1 pound in a week is great! It's a slow process if you want to do it the right way. And saying, "I'm not losing fast enough, I quit" is like saying "I already blew breakfast, might as well blow the entire day!" It just doesn't make sense. It took me an entire year to lose 40 lbs. Does that make me any less successful than someone who last 60 or 100 pounds in a year?! No. And if I had your attitude, I would not be where I'm at today. Stick with it, it will work out! And no, I don't agree with banning any food from your diet, that's just asking for failure! Good luck!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!