Do I need to eat ALL my exercise calories?

princessleia1980
princessleia1980 Posts: 81 Member
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
I have read the starting information about eating your exercise calories, but I have been going for bike rides towing the kids along. This is 2 hours of cardio work and I have been burning over 1000calories.

I am happy to eat 300-500 more calories because of exercise, but any more and I just can't seem to fit it all in! My calories are set to lose 1lb per week which is 1270, but when I have done so much exercise I have loads left and have trouble eating them all.

So do I need to eat ALL my exercise calories or just some?

Replies

• aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Most. You may need to bump up your base calories if you're riding your bike frequently, burning over 1,000 calories each time. Also, how are you calculating this figure? Do you have a heart rate monitor? If you don't, you may find you're not burning that many and can ease up on worrying about the # of exercise calories you're eating. If it is accurate, you definitely need to be eating at least 75% I'd say. I try not to leave more than 50 calories at the end of the today. Today I'm leaving 314 because I simply can't fit more in for the simple reason of I don't have groceries and I don't have money for groceries.
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    I try to eat 100% of mine -- I'll stop losing weight (and have for weeks at at time) if I don't eat enough.

You can't fit in 2 tablespoons of natural peanut butter an an 8oz glass of milk? That's 300 cals (at least). :wink:
This discussion has been closed.