Observations and Motivational Speaking =)

AAsimakis
AAsimakis Posts: 2
edited September 21 in Motivation and Support
I'm going into my third week of using this site to track my eating/exercise habits and I have to say that I am blow away by how different I feel. For a while I used to get random headaches throughout the day and often found myself reaching for a bottle of Tylenol to ease the pain. Now that I am drinking my eight glasses of water a day and eating healthy foods, my body is responding and I haven't had a headache since I started taking better care of myself. I am also sleeping better and am more energetic throughout the day.

At first I was skeptical about this site (or keeping any kind of food journal) but it really does help. Aside from the overwhelming support from my fellow FitnessPal-ers, I have discovered how effective a food diary can be when trying to shed a few pounds. Like a child who doesn't want to disappoint their parents, I find myself steering clear of fast food and junk items just so I don't have to make a disheartening entry in my journal. I want to be proud of what I eat and not have a record of all the garbage I've been shoveling into my mouth and poisoning my body with. The same can be said about exercise. I look forward to hitting the gym just to I can brag about my hard work to my personal data keeper. I want it to know just how hard I've been working and just how much I want to be a better and healthier me.

I can't wait to see what changes the next weeks will bring. The hardest thing about being healthy is establishing a proper routine. This site provides the structure and builds the discipline it takes to find a routine that works. It has done wonders for my self-esteem as it daily reminds me that my goals, our goals, are attainable. Best of luck to all of you.

Replies

• gailosborne
    gailosborne Posts: 435
    I agree with you!!!:smile:
    Hope next week is just as positive for you!!!
    Gail
This discussion has been closed.