Weight Lifting for DUMMIES

Options
Snatched614
Snatched614 Posts: 115 Member
Hi, im looking to include some ppl who are at various stages of Weight Lifting (beginner/intermediate/novice) to my current list of friends. There's not alot of "weight lifting groups on mfp, however, I notice a few of you do post. I'm very interested in adding weight lifting to my current regimine, so much so i've already signed up for a beginners class (last about 3weeks or so). So if your interested, please send me a friend request. Thanks in advance for your help!!!

Replies

• beastmode1414
    Options
    I got you
  • jordanlell
    jordanlell Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I'll send you a friend request. I've been lifting for a couple weeks now, I'm just starting to get comfortable with it and I love it.
  • rachy867
    rachy867 Posts: 32
    Options
    I love weight lifting, I always used to lift 'girlie weights' as was too scared to try anything heavier and was convinced I would end up looking like a bloke if I did. I hired myself a personal trainer who has proven to me that I can lift heavy and not look like a man. In fact it gives me a sense of satisfaction when I see lads half my age go on a machine after me and they half to reduce the weight by half!!! I currently leg press 107kg and have benched 80kg (with a bit of support).
  • Vailara
    Vailara Posts: 2,454 Member
    Options
    I do weights and have a love/hate relationship with them! I started a year ago, and have had several months where I couldn't do a full workout because I wasn't going to the gym. I'm back at the gym and back to deadlifts and back squats!

I joined some weight lifting groups on MFP, but they are mostly quiet. However the Stronglifts for women one is active and helpful. I'd recommend it, if you choose to do Stronglifts (or Starting Strength, which is similar).

Is your class at your gym? It sounds interesting. I've never been to a weight-lifting class.