Tattoo to recognize your efforts/goals @ weight loss?

Options
30togomoveit
30togomoveit Posts: 116 Member
Has anyone gotten 1 to symbolize your hard work?

I would love to get one that has to do w/ perseverance (since I've been at this SOOOOOO long). Would a tattoo artist help w/ that idea? I am sure they would.

What has anyone gotten?

Replies

• RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    I haven't done one to mean something for my weight loss. I was going to give myself one as a "reward". If you have an idea of what you want go to a tattoo artist and explain it and they can help draw something up for you. A good tattoo artist that is. I didn't knwo what I wanted on my back so the tattoo artist and I came up with it together. Drew up ideas till we found one I liked
  • girlruns
    girlruns Posts: 344
    Options
    I haven't thought of this, but I think it is a great idea! A tattoo artist might be able to help, but you could find a lot of ideas online too. Decide if you want words, pictures, what is symbolic to you. Do you have other tattoo's??
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Yep! A good artist should be able to come up with some good ideas for what you want, or you can make suggestions and they can draw up something for you.

I, too, am getting one for a reward, but not relating to my weight loss. Relating to losing my uncle 12 years ago.
  • busymom74
    busymom74 Posts: 3,341 Member
    Options
    I am def going to once I get to my goal and figure out what I want. :happy:
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    Fear: getting a tattoo that symbolizes my weight loss journey...and then gaining the weight back. :embarassed: I suppose it'd always be a good reminder of why I should stay in shape & make this a real lifestyle change instead of a 2yr diet.

I already got one on my thigh that 60lbs ago I wouldn't have done - this is the first summer I've ever worn shorts in public & I LOVE being able to show off my tattoo. :bigsmile:
  • cbullock115
    cbullock115 Posts: 110
    Options
    I am getting my first tattoo when I reach my weightloss goal. Mine won't have anything to do with my weight loss though. I am getting 5 stars, one for each person in my family (me, my husband, and my 3 children) and they will each be colored in with the color of their birthstone. I can't wait!!
  • norbel_shumon
    Options
    It's addictive people! I did it when I lost weight a few years ago. It would be interesting to do it again (at goal). I am running our of inconspicuous places to put them!
  • sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    Havent thought about its kind of scary to me . My friend and here daughter got matching hearts on their 2nd toe. My daughter and I are going to get the Olympic rings on our ankles when she makes Team USA in 2012.
  • oEmmao
    oEmmao Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    i will be getting my tattoo at the end of the summer when i reach my goal, although it wont be related to weight loss

cant wait to get it! :bigsmile:
  • robbienjill
    robbienjill Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I had a "runner girl" tattoo put on my wrist. It reminds me of my passion of running and it also reminds me that I need to run even when I am feel like going home and crawling under the covers. It really works!! Someday soon I hope to add "26.2" under it. But that will be a while as I have chronic tendonitis (ughhh). But I will get there soon!!
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    It's addictive people! I did it when I lost weight a few years ago. It would be interesting to do it again (at goal). I am running our of inconspicuous places to put them!
    Amen! I have to hide all of mine for work & I'm not sure where else to put one that would be easily hidden for work yet could show it off in normal clothes after work.
  • Crysta1976
    Crysta1976 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I will reward myself with one as well. Not sure if it will have anything to with the loss though. But I do have a friend that got one... it is a scale with the springs popping out and the weight of 435lbs on it. He has only just begun his weight loss journey, but he looks at it every day as a reminder...
  • 30togomoveit
    Options
    No, I don't have any. It would be my 1st.

I have a low tolerance for pain so I have not completely decided if or where I would get one. I want to be able to show it but not have to undress to do so! :laugh: BUT I would also like to "hide" it if need be (to dress up for a wedding or something like that).

But I figure if I can deliver 3 kids, I can endure the pain of a tattoo...a small one!
  • busymom74
    busymom74 Posts: 3,341 Member
    Options
    Lol, I've heard they're addictive. I have none as of now but I already have 5 planned. :noway: lol

I'm kind of worried about gaining the weight back too but I think it'd be a great reminder of how far I've come and a great motivation to keep it off.

I was thinking of doing something like 65 stars or something. (Since 65 will be the total lbs I want to lose.)
  • melbhall
    melbhall Posts: 519
    Options
    Havent thought about its kind of scary to me . My friend and here daughter got matching hearts on their 2nd toe. My daughter and I are going to get the Olympic rings on our ankles when she makes Team USA in 2012.

How awesome! Your daughter is going to make the Olympic team!!! Love the idea of you two sharing those "rings" together!
  • melbhall
    melbhall Posts: 519
    Options
    I am getting my first tattoo when I reach my weightloss goal. Mine won't have anything to do with my weight loss though. I am getting 5 stars, one for each person in my family (me, my husband, and my 3 children) and they will each be colored in with the color of their birthstone. I can't wait!!

Oh my gosh, what a great idea! A few weeks ago I went to a tattoo shop with my hubby. I too wanted to get three little stars for our family (while leaving room to add on). Unfortunately the artist seemed a little stoned or messed up to touch my body with a needle so I am still waiting. I never thought about getting them in the colors of birthstones, that's awesome!!! Where did you plan to get yours? I was thinking the inside of my wrist, and small enough to cover with a big bracelet or watch if need be.
  • 30togomoveit
    Options
    I will reward myself with one as well. Not sure if it will have anything to with the loss though. But I do have a friend that got one... it is a scale with the springs popping out and the weight of 435lbs on it. He has only just begun his weight loss journey, but he looks at it every day as a reminder...
    [/quote

That is an interesting idea! Would have never thought of that!! That is brave of him!
  • Clew
    Clew Posts: 910 Member
    Options

I have a low tolerance for pain so I have not completely decided if or where I would get one. I want to be able to show it but not have to undress to do so! :laugh: BUT I would also like to "hide" it if need be (to dress up for a wedding or something like that).

But I figure if I can deliver 3 kids, I can endure the pain of a tattoo...a small one!

They do hurt! But I'll tell you, my last (and largest) tattoo, which I got AFTER having my son, didn't hurt nearly as bad as I remember the others hurting! Know what I mean? :wink: :laugh:

I have one on the back of my shoulder, one on my ankle, and one on my calf (I've been tattooed there twice - the latest was a coverup). All can be either displayed or covered with little difficulty. The negative stigma tats used to have seems to be weakening. That's the good thing.
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options

If you have a low tolerance for pain, then don't get one on your toes or fingers - those hurt the worst! My cousin-in-law has 11 tattoos and she says the ankle and upper back/shoulder blade are the least painful. Finger and toes/top foot are the most painful (I could tell my the look on her face when she got her toe tattoo lol).

I have a tattoo on my right ankle that wraps around and has nothing to do with weight loss (got it before I realized I needed to lose some weight). It really didn't feel bad until he started the upper portion which got into the fatty tissue on my calf. Now it probably wouldn't hurt because I don't have any more fat down there! :laugh:
  • Crysta1976
    Crysta1976 Posts: 184 Member
    Options

I have one (well seven) but one is on my ankle...least painful. DON'T get it on your foot. That hurts! lol

All of mine are easily hidden or shown (ankle, foot, back of shoulders and base of my neck)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!