few drinks tonight :-/

Options
HI guys, on week 3 day 5 of insanity feel great but I am contemplating having a few beers and southern comfort tonight..

Feel in need of a few drinks but don't want to screw things up .

What y'all reckon?

Replies

• KyliAnne26
    KyliAnne26 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Opening up your diary would help so we could see how well you've been eating/drinking the last couple weeks, but if you've been disciplined for three weeks straight I'd say you earned it :) Maybe do a little extra exercise this weekend to compensate for it. I usually save up calories for the weekends when I feel like treating myself!
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    If anything stick to spirits and wine. And try to eat a lot more protein today and lower carbs. Alcohol doesn't really affect things that much, just realize it's still calories.

http://www.leangains.com/2010/07/truth-about-alcohol-fat-loss-and-muscle.html
  • KyliAnne26
    KyliAnne26 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Forgot to add that if you drink enough alcohol to be hungover the next day, it may affect your ability to be 'good'. I always say that I can afford to go out and drink, I just can't afford to feed myself the next day because all I want to do is EAT! This is mostly why I quit drinkin' so much, my 'hangover' days were ruining all my hard work. Just something to keep in mind.
  • Ashshell
    Ashshell Posts: 185
    Options
    Go for it. I drink at least once a week and I don't see any negative effects on my weight-loss. I am steadily losing 1.5-2 pounds per week. I love relaxing with a bottle of wine (:
  • rosemaryhon
    rosemaryhon Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Forgot to add that if you drink enough alcohol to be hungover the next day, it may affect your ability to be 'good'. I always say that I can afford to go out and drink, I just can't afford to feed myself the next day because all I want to do is EAT! This is mostly why I quit drinkin' so much, my 'hangover' days were ruining all my hard work. Just something to keep in mind.

This ^^!
  • 212ackley
    212ackley Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    If you want it, go for it! I have the occasional glass of wine or bloody Mary (or 3 :laugh: ).....Life is life and if you aren't dropping alcohol permanently, you should imbibe on occasion! drink up :drinker:
  • Ashshell
    Ashshell Posts: 185
    Options

I do agree with this ^. I avoid hangovers because when I enjoy my wine I am just hanging out at home, but on the rare occasion that I am hungover, I eat horribly the next day. BUT...one night of drinking and a crappy breakfast/lunch the next day isn't going to ruin your entire week. Just don't let it carry over to a third day.
  • chymerra
    chymerra Posts: 212
    Options
    having ONE beer isn't going to do anything.
  • babychris1
    babychris1 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    *Drank 1 litre of Whiskey in mean-time*

Only joking! Thanks for comments, I shall keep you updated lol
  • babychris1
    babychris1 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Damn you alcohol for being so counter productive to my regimes. .!
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    SoCo 100 buddy.. Get the Job Done!
  • Amazonbella
    Amazonbella Posts: 338
    Options
    VODKA, there are so many awesome 'skinny cocktails' out there now made with Vodka and they taste great, beats beer bloat any day ;)
  • born2drum
    born2drum Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    Go for it. If it fits your macros then totally go for it.
  • Showcase_Brodown
    Showcase_Brodown Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Factor the calories in and relax.
  • leighdiane91
    leighdiane91 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I love a good tall Guinness or Newcastle... just don't over do it! And also, don't weigh in the day after drinking. It is just bloat, not actual gain.... unless you went crazy on the alcohol lol.
  • Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    DO IT!
  • conniemaxwell5
    conniemaxwell5 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    If you're planning on working out tomorrow it may be harder if you drink tonight, but I recommend doing it anyway. I don't drink often but when I do I sweat it out first thing the next morning and I feel so much better the rest of the day and don't have the hangover problem with eating that some posters have already mentioned.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    FEW??? I am starting now, CAESARS! YUM!
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    having ONE beer isn't going to do anything.

Neither will 3 or 4 ... I do this a lot of weekends .. I'm still progressing right along ..
  • yelliezx
    yelliezx Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    I lost 2.8lb this week, while eating and drinking far too much on saturday, then eating too much again on Sunday. My weight usually goes up on Monday because of the mass amount of sodium I consume but I'm good by weigh in day on Monday. Note that I am usually pretty strict during the week and work out at least 5 times per week.

Obviously everyone is different but I can only give you advice on what has worked.