ANT+ Heart Rate Monitoring

Options
Anyone use the ANT+ adapter with a Heart Rate strap? I just installed iBiker (DigiFit) on my phone and I see I can link my HRM to the app with an adapter. Was just wondering if anyone used this and if there were any issues before I made the investment.

Replies

• mreeves261
    mreeves261 Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    Anyone?
  • mikeatmichael
    mikeatmichael Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I use a garmin ant+ HRM and just last week got a wahoo dongle for my iphone to use it with ibiker. I really like it but I've had some trouble getting the ibiker to work right. Once I thought I had started it but hadn't, once I left the screen on and it doesn't dim automatically so I almost ran the iphone battery down, and once I started it early by mistake so my drive to the park was included in my run. Best time ever. And yesterday for some reason it didn't start at all.

I'm still using the garmin when I run so I can look at my wrist to see my heart rate and time so I had a back up anyway.

I also have the cadence and distance sensors on my bike and it connects to them too. I really like the ibiker ap, I just don't like that I can't see it in the armband and can't control it while I'm running or biking. I'm sure I'll get the hang of using it soon.

I really like using a hrm. I find I don't push myself quite as hard and probably end up with a longer workout. I also used a premium app on ibiker to get my max hr and lactic threshhold hr.

Check out the wahoo dongle, its compatible with lots of programs.
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    If you have an iPhone 4S or an iPhone 5 you could use the H7 bluetooth model that Polar has. You don't need to use a dongle for that.

http://www.polar.com/us-en/products/accessories/H7_heart_rate_sensor

I have an Android so I'm using their Wearlink +Bluetooth which is pretty close to the same thing. It works great for me. I use it with the RunKeeper app.

15Miles_zps3dbc3b43.jpg
  • mreeves261
    mreeves261 Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    Thanks Mike!

Waffle I only have the 4. It was free and that's important for me. So unfortunately I have to stick with the dongle method.