Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Question about body fat percentage for ultimate goal..

Ok, so here it goes. I'm 22 years old, female, 5'8" .... and on Feb 18th, 2013 I was 262.2lbs and 40% body fat. In the past 11.5 weeks I've lost 27.4lbs and am down to 35.1% body fat. When I joined I said that my ultimate goal weight is 160lbs which is the weight I was at when I played fastpitch. It's where I remember feeling the most confident at. That would put me at the higher end of the "healthy" body fat percentage.

I guess I'm just scared to drop below that and look malnourished.. I have been trying to find before and after pictures of women with similar body types (hourglass with defined curves) and starting/ending weights with about 20% body fat .... but I can't seem to find any.

My goal is to look healthy, toned, and generally fit. And yeah, it might seem weird, but I don't want super defined abs. What I would like is toned muscles overall while still keeping my curves. (I find super defined muscles to be completely unattractive on men and women alike....no disrespect... just isn't my personal taste)

Would it be possible to get to 20% body fat and still achieve this? According to the charts I've been looking at, that would put me somewhere around 130lbs.

When I was 160, I was doing the required workouts for fastpitch half-assed and definitely wasn't watching what I eat. With my new lifestyle I'm putting 110% into my diet and my workouts (6 days a week if not 7) so it might be possible to hit that body fat % without looking ill.....maybe :P

Suggestions welcome.

Replies