Not looking to be a supermodel

Options
lklkl5
lklkl5 Posts: 113 Member
There is so much discussion about macros and a lot of conflicting information. I am just your average person that needs to lose weight and wants to look good. Not supermodel good, or sheena the dragon slayer, just confident, toned and good in my clothes, anything else would be a bonus! Anyway, what should I target for my macros?

Replies

• heyitsedgar
    Options
    Its really all trial an error as horrible as it sounds. Cutting down carbs (notice I say cutting down and not eliminating) has been known as a more general way to slim down.

For me personally: I generally go through a 6 week phase that I just continue to cycle through and after about 7months of plateauing, Ive finally found something that worked well for me.

What I eat for my macros is generally:
    Week 1:
    1.5g of protein (per lb of bodyweight)
    1.5g of carbs (per lb of bodyweight)
    .5g of fat (per lb of body weight)

This is really close to my own "maintenance" calories. Basically as many calories as I burn in a day with my regular metabolic rate.

weeks 2-3
    protein and fat stays the same
    carbs are 1g per lb of bodyweight

and then 3-6
    carbs are .5grams per lb of bodyweight

With this, its a very steady cut of calories where you dont cut too much too quickly causing your body to think its starving and can actually backfire.

I do this and I lose a varied amount depending on what I do more either cardio or weights. I always do both each week. With this high amount of food, you would want to do some sort of High Intensity Interval training.

If you like doing weights, do about 3-4 sets of varied weights and reps, and take 1min of rest between each set.

BUT during your rest do some sort of cardio to shoot up your heart rate. youll be tired by the end of the workout (mine are usually about 45mins) and I do this 5-6 days a week

I take in less carbs on my rest days during the first 3 weeks and MORE carbs on my rest days in the 4-6 weeks.

Again you could try playing with these numbers and see how it works for you.

I will say that the first 2 weeks I didnt lose anything but I did gain some lean muscle mass and some fat did come off. once you get to 4-6 weeks I lose much more. If you follow this DONT SKIP AHEAD to your weeks. It will backfire.