Tentatively Coming Back

Options
Okay, so I walked away from MFP back in like January, because I got so caught up in the numbers. I was only looking at calories, not nutrients. If I had 300 calories left over, I would eat some sort of junk to use the calories, not thinking that the junk, while within my calorie allotment was doing nothing for me health wise. I grew so frustrated when I would step on the scale hoping to lose two pounds and I would only lose 0.2 or worse, gain weight. I didn't understand, and I grew frustrated and depressed, which sent me back to my old eating habits.

Eventually I got a grip and revamped my diet. I am focusing more on what goes into my food rather than how many calories it has. I would rather eat something now that is 400 calories, but is high in protein and fiber than something that is 200 calories and nothing but chemicals. I have also gone vegetarian, and have been for about four months now. That has really helped boost my metabolism, and I feel better.

The reason I am thinking about coming back to MFP is to see if I can stay focused on nutrition without getting sucked into the numbers game again. Obviously I will take them into consideration, but I am far more concerned with getting enough nutrients than I am staying within calorie counts. So I am going to try this again. I'm not sure I will weigh myself (haven't since December), and I am not sure if I will be on here everyday, but I will try this. If you are willing to support me, that would be lovely. I'd appreciate it, and I will try to support you too.

Replies

• mandylgibbs
    mandylgibbs Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I just wrote a blog about this today. I'm obsessed with the numbers. I hope that I can get to a point where it isn't an all out obsession all the time.