Cellulite...you dirty little devil!

melbhall
melbhall Posts: 519
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
Okay, I admit it...I have cellulite. I have some on the tops of my thighs and refuse to wear shorts (inside or outside) because of it. Even on the hottest of days I wear a skirt to my knees or capri pants. I have heard cellulite is with you for life and I was wondering if this is true. I know there is no magical cure, but does weight loss make it go away or less noticeable? I am unbelieveably embarrassed by my legs. I even bought this cellulite cream (don't worry, it was cheap) and I know it WILL NOT work, but wanted to trick my mind into thinking it was getting better. If my legs are more toned will the cellulite lesson? I know this is a silly and perhaps vain topic but I just want to feel like a normal human and wear shorts when it's hot.

Replies

• jb_sweet_99
    jb_sweet_99 Posts: 856 Member
    I saw on Dr Oz that there is a home remedy that works, you have to do it twice a week or so for upkeep as it is a temp fix but I'm going to try it. I forget the exact amounts but I'm sure it is on his web site for the show. Mix coffee (unbrewed grounds which helps with fat metabolism), brown sugar and olive oil. It helps to smooth out the lumpies, good luck! I've got it too, but less since I've lost some weight :flowerforyou:
  • jlewis2896
    jlewis2896 Posts: 763 Member
    I used to never wear shorts either, it was awful!! I still have some cellulite, and I am about 10lbs away from my goal weight, but it has gone away significantly as I have toned up.

I keep a Bucket List of things I want to accomplish. One item on my list is loving my thighs. Since taking up running, I have a lot more muscle definition and the cellulite is barely there, probably only noticeable to me....

So there's hope!! Lunges and squats, lead the way!!
  • rhstyles
    rhstyles Posts: 36
    I was wondering the same thing....I dont know how you feel about tanning beds, but when your legs are tan the cellulite is much less noticable.......or u could try the Jergens natural glow lotion....it works pretty good (fake tan). As for exercise changing the cellulite I have wondered the same thing.
  • themetra
    themetra Posts: 174 Member
    Funny - my mom just sent me an article on this exact topic! I noticed as my legs are tightening and the more water I drink, the celluite IS becoming less and less noticible! In the article it said massage can help and something about caffiene helping with celluite also - I have a friend who uses old coffee grounds to massage her legs when she's in the shower, and she swears by this! (I have not tried this because I am not a coffee drinker)
  • questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    Mine has gone down a LOT since losing weight and really intensifying my workouts (including lots of resistance work).

I still don't wear shorts, but that is because I still hate my knees and calves. My butt and thighs look awesome, though!
  • charny164
    charny164 Posts: 175 Member
    I have it too. Butt and thighs. I have found it has decreased with muscle definition and weight loss so keep your chin up, it will go away for the most part and you are the only one that will notice it. Oh, you can also mask it will a tan in the mean time :)

My motto with cellulite is that God put it in the back so I can't see it! :)
  • sabrinafaith
    sabrinafaith Posts: 607 Member
    You can decrease it with muscle tone.

My mother recently told me that when i was a baby I had cellulite, so I've given up on that completely. My 18 month old has cellulite too .We're cellulite buddies. Must be genetic ;-)
  • lvfunandfit
    lvfunandfit Posts: 654 Member
    Why is cellulite only cute on babies!? Unfair!! LOL I love my 16 month old's dimples! HE HE

I have it too :cry: but like the others have said, it has become less noticeable with added muscle tone. Running and weight training has helped a ton. Plus lots of water and a good diet. I've heard the coffee grounds help and so does massage. Tanning makes it less noticeable as well (which was already mentioned).
  • melbhall
    melbhall Posts: 519
    Thanks for the responses. A friend suggested I massage it away so I guess I will try that coffee grounds mixture. I have always had it but never this bad, I didn't know if it was mine to keep since I had gained the weight. It's refreshing hearing it lessens with weight loss! I'm not into tanning beds but I may try that fake tan lotion! Thanks again!
  • _BeccaLynn_
    _BeccaLynn_ Posts: 41
    On the Tyra Banks show yesterday, they did a bikini confident challenge and had 5/6 women try Nivia Cellulite cream and serum. And all the women on the show, had a lot smoother back sides and a few you couldn't even tell they had it. Here is her site about it if you would like to see what I am talking about.

http://tyrashow.warnerbros.com/niveachallenge/
  • questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    On the Tyra Banks show yesterday, they did a bikini confident challenge and had 5/6 women try Nivia Cellulite cream and serum. And all the women on the show, had a lot smoother back sides and a few you couldn't even tell they had it. Here is her site about it if you would like to see what I am talking about.

http://tyrashow.warnerbros.com/niveachallenge/

Importantly, the challenge also included exercise and healthy eating. :happy:
This discussion has been closed.