spaghetti squash???

Options
2»

Replies

• Muffin32
    Muffin32 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Here is one for the summer months that won't heat up your house. We have always cut ours open put on a cookie sheet (open end facing up) drizzled with olive oild I am sure you can put a lil water in there as well though and then seasoned with some black pepper and steak seasoning such as those premade rubs - Chicago steak etc. put it out on the grill on the pan and just let it cook till tender. Then scrape it out and enjoy - it's crazy good and an excellent side dish for a lean steak, burgers etc. my kids love it this way too.
  • ecerutti
    ecerutti Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I really want to try this...where do you buy it?
  • Robin1109
    Robin1109 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    All these comments are making me hungry. I was already in the mood for brocol irabe. Now looks like I've got to stop and get some spaghetti squash. I too cook in in half-face down.

I LOVE broccoli rabe!! I can't find it anywhere right now though and it's bumming me out! I've been craving it so bad. Some people hate the bitter taste of it but I can't get enough. I just saute it with a little evoo and garlic. Mmmmmmmmm. I'll have to see if Whole Foods has any tomorrow :)

And, maybe I'll pick up a spaghetti squash too. I haven't tried it before but it sounds great. Especially the recipe with tomatoes, mushrooms and feta (except a little goat in place of feta).