How did you find out about MFP?

Options

Replies

• rudarbe
    rudarbe Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I just stumbled upon it when I was looking through apps on my phone. I downloaded it and voila..... it sat there on my app list for more a long time. it was the best thing that I downloaded. Amazing amazing amazing app. It changed my life. I love and live MFP.
  • NeverThatEZ
    NeverThatEZ Posts: 43
    Options
    Searching for fitness apps on the appstore. Didn't actually find out about the "site" until a couple months ago.
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    MFP kept showing up in Google searches for weight loss questions. It took me several months to figure out that there is a social aspect to it. :embarassed: When I read the awesome success stories and everyone's support, I was hooked!:drinker:
  • GymBeast2
    GymBeast2 Posts: 81
    Options
    Trainer at the gym

Same here. He was suppose to keep track of me on here, but he is inconsistent. I'm here daily.
  • rejordan
    rejordan Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I started going to a nutritionist and she reccomended I try it.
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    I found MFP through a CNN story about someone who had lost a lot of weight without surgery and they cited MFP as being instrumental, so I checked it out.

How did you get here?
    I was logging with the caloriecount.about.com app and my wife was using myfitnesspal's app. One look and I switched.
  • drefaw
    drefaw Posts: 739
    Options
    The company "health coach" suggested I use MFP to log my exercise & food.

Me too ..... After I went in to check my BF%, and about died on the spot. I ask, they sent me here......
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    My mom told me about it. At first I was offended because she was indirectly calling me fat, but I got over it and joined. Hahaha.
  • 2stepscloser
    2stepscloser Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Trainer at the gym

Same here. He was suppose to keep track of me on here, but he is inconsistent. I'm here daily.

You're awesome! My trainer peeks at my food diary and provides suggestions. She's called me out a couple of times but I like the accountability.
  • queenbea77
    queenbea77 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I was born here.

Lol good one!

I got sick of waiting money on those "pay websites" so I googled "free weight loss websites" & this came up. A bonus is I can have it on my computer, I-Pad, I-Pod & I-Phone so no matter where I'm at or what I'm doing I have no excuse to not log my food!
  • orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    I googled free calorie counter. I had previously used nutra-check but couldn't afford the subscription
  • queenbea77
    Options
    Trainer at the gym

You're awesome! My trainer peeks at my food diary and provides suggestions. She's called me out a couple of times but I like the accountability.

Sounds like you've got an awesome trainer!
  • queenbea77
    Options
    My mom told me about it. At first I was offended because she was indirectly calling me fat, but I got over it and joined. Hahaha.

Smart mom & smart you for listening!
  • VickiDiane22
    VickiDiane22 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    My doctor told me to loose weight and told me to try MFP
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    I found it by searching apps on my cell phone looking for calorie counters and MFP was the most popular so thought I would give it a try.
  • BigDnSW
    BigDnSW Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    MFP found me. I have a top level secure implant in my cerebral cortex that monitors internet activity, wireless calls, texting, and other forms of higher levels of communication. The chip is designed per my DNA, age, personality type (INFJ), and is constantly processing useful information for me to consider.

The MFP site was directed to my perceptual awareness and consciousness, and spoke these gentle words of which I shall ever be grateful, "Hey, lardbutt...join this site and lose the poundage."

That was 300 wonderful days ago and I have found this to be a great site. Even for humor. :smokin:
  • Aussielooser
    Aussielooser Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I was looking for a carb counter and this came up on google almost 12 months ago.. I have lost 40 KG'S and I am at my goal weight but have stayed on here as it keeps me in check...
  • fullofquirks
    fullofquirks Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    My parents were using it. I was using livestrong for a bit but stopped because there was no android app.

I use the MFP app daily and that's a big reason why I started and have stayed with MFP.

I :heart: the bar-code scanner.
  • ClementineGeorg
    ClementineGeorg Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    From a blogger who tried an account around here.
  • SleeplessinBerlin
    SleeplessinBerlin Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I was looking for "before and after" pictures of people who completed the 30 Day Shred to motivate myself. MFP had so many of them.