Atkins Support Team

Options
I am looking for people who are fans of Atkins and in particular people in St. Louis. I need friends and support to help me on my journey. I'm fininished sabotaging myself. I know Atkins works - I need some menu ideas. :happy:

Replies

• saverys_gal
    saverys_gal Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    I'm not in your area, but I am an Atkins girl! I'm currently in OWL, or Phase 2 and am in my 11th month of low carbing! My food diary is public so feel free to check it out and get some ideas!
    I'm sending you a friend request because it's great to have another Atkins person around! :drinker:
  • andyxbear
    andyxbear Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I've been doing a lot of research lately for the Atkins diet and I'm really interested. Almost ALL of the people who have tried it or are still on it have lost lots of weight. Atkins is my last resort and hopefully I can STICK with it! I could use help, too. =]
  • saverys_gal
    saverys_gal Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I've been doing a lot of research lately for the Atkins diet and I'm really interested. Almost ALL of the people who have tried it or are still on it have lost lots of weight. Atkins is my last resort and hopefully I can STICK with it! I could use help, too. =]

If you're interested in Atkins, please reference the 2002 Atkins book as opposed to the newest one that has hit the shelves! Also you can utilize the atkins website (at least for now!) to get a feel for how the 4 stages work! Phase 1 or Induction, is your make it or break it! You cut your carbs out - the carbs you get primarily come from green, leafy veggies and you also eat a lot of protein and a reasonable amount of fiber. Both the website and the 2002 book will give you a list of acceptable foods for all phases. The goal for phase 1 is to cut your net carb count down to 12g to 15g of carbs a day. If you can stick out induction and get through it, I think you'll make it through!! :) And YES you do start to add back in fruit and good healthy grains later on.
    From personal experience, I can tell you that getting through induction is hard...you'll feel an initial lack of energy and some mental fuzziness for a few days but once your body readjusts you should feel AWESOME!! I think it's mostly from retraining your body to not rely on bad carbs and sugar!
    Feel free to check out my food diary or PM me anytime! :drinker:
  • andyxbear
    andyxbear Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Hi!

If you're interested in Atkins, please reference the 2002 Atkins book as opposed to the newest one that has hit the shelves! Also you can utilize the atkins website (at least for now!) to get a feel for how the 4 stages work! Phase 1 or Induction, is your make it or break it! You cut your carbs out - the carbs you get primarily come from green, leafy veggies and you also eat a lot of protein and a reasonable amount of fiber. Both the website and the 2002 book will give you a list of acceptable foods for all phases. The goal for phase 1 is to cut your net carb count down to 12g to 15g of carbs a day. If you can stick out induction and get through it, I think you'll make it through!! :) And YES you do start to add back in fruit and good healthy grains later on.
    From personal experience, I can tell you that getting through induction is hard...you'll feel an initial lack of energy and some mental fuzziness for a few days but once your body readjusts you should feel AWESOME!! I think it's mostly from retraining your body to not rely on bad carbs and sugar!
    Feel free to check out my food diary or PM me anytime! :drinker:

I'm just now reading this!! I didn't know you responded as I don't get notification. This is day #2 for me and I don't feel any different. I did, however; take two green tea pills today for energy and it's helping. I have a question about calories! Idk how long you've been using MFP, but if you have, did you notice if you were eating as many calories as the website tells you, you are supposed to consume? Yesterday I had a little over 300 calories remaining without exercising and today I have 644 left! I'm already at a 500 calorie deficit... Idk how to get in those extra calories. I eat when I'm hungry and stop when I am full.
  • melgibson
    melgibson Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I'm not in your area, but I am an Atkins girl! I'm currently in OWL, or Phase 2 and am in my 11th month of low carbing! My food diary is public so feel free to check it out and get some ideas!
    I'm sending you a friend request because it's great to have another Atkins person around! :drinker:

Hi :smile:
    I'm doing a high protein diet as of tomorrow.
    I am looking for good ideas of lean protein, I'm also thinking about doing atkins again this year - have done it twice before, this time I'll be doing i the heathiest way possible - Lots of salads rather than lots of cheese!!

I use soya protein powder and all the regular stuff but wondered if anyone has any tips that I may not have already tried xx

I do support atkins but not currently doing it.
    I'm currently aiming for 40% Protein, 40% Carbs and 20% Fat.
    So have to make my meals up in a similar way to atkins most of the time.

Don't know if I would count as the type your looking for?!?!

Mel xx :flowerforyou:

Oooops!! Sorry I clicked 'quote' instead of reply :o(