Where are your favorite healthy hangouts?

Options
I know every town is a little different, but almost every town has some sort of healthy store, whether it be a grocery store, a restaurant, or a juice bar!
Below, post your city, and where you like to get your healthy on (:

Personally, I live in Virginia Beach.
We typically do not have very many "healthy" eating places.
BUT we do have a few, including Trader Joes, and Whole Foods.
My all time favorite is this juice bar called Fruitive.
They have juices that are both freshly made there, and organic cold pressed.
They also have yummy salad bowls, wraps, and fruit bowls. (the PB and NO J is my fave!)
Fruitive.com, in case theres any virginians here (:

Replies

• marydhastings
    marydhastings Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Self Bump (:
  • marydhastings
    Options
    Awh :( noone has a favorite place?
  • cbkb1234
    cbkb1234 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    lol … UM I've never been to a place where it's "healthy" other than Whole Foods or My house… we have this fast food place (not really fast food but don't know what to call it) and its like frozen yogurt and they sell like … flatbread things and whatnot but even those prob have a ton of calories!! lol
  • Brandilynnrose
    Options
    I LOVE Sprouts Farmers Market. It's a natural/organic grocery store chain. They have an awesome produce section, and REALLY great prices. They also have a great meat section, and they offer great sales (and double ad Wednesdays, where the prior week sale ad and current sale ad's prices are both good). Sprouts is my go to store for meat, cheese, eggs, fruit, veggies. I currently avoid their bakery, because the small of fresh baking bread and the sight of cookies and muffins (OMG their pistachio muffins are to die for!) is too big a temptation. I usually grab some pantry staples here too (whole wheat pasta, spaghetti sauce, canned tomatoes, canned beans).

I also like Fresh and Easy- a small grocery chain that specializes in grab and go items.
  • dynamitegalxo
    dynamitegalxo Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    brandilyn - i'm going to guess by your choices that you live in socal? awesome haha

i'm a major fan of sprouts as well, it's the only place i shop. actually, i take that back, i shop at trader joe's when i'm looking for something special. there's an independent pizza place down the street from me that does all gluten free crusts, organic meats and veg, etc. and it's soooo good. not necessarily healthy, but definitely better quality and 'safer'.
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    Le Pain Quotien
  • josarahm
    josarahm Posts: 48
    Options
    Le Pain Quotien

It that the little french deli in Manhattan. i ate a boiled egg and toast ther for breakfst once and it was delish!
  • marydhastings
    Options
    Dynamite; That sounds awesome (: I don't think theres any organic pizza places here. But it would be awesome if they did! are they reasonable inprice?

Brandi; I know we have some farmers markets here, but I don't really know where they are ahah but that sounds super awesome ! (:
  • 13suzie
    13suzie Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Sprouts Farmers Market. It's a natural/organic grocery store chain. They have an awesome produce section, and REALLY great prices. They also have a great meat section, and they offer great sales (and double ad Wednesdays, where the prior week sale ad and current sale ad's prices are both good). Sprouts is my go to store for meat, cheese, eggs, fruit, veggies. I currently avoid their bakery, because the small of fresh baking bread and the sight of cookies and muffins (OMG their pistachio muffins are to die for!) is too big a temptation. I usually grab some pantry staples here too (whole wheat pasta, spaghetti sauce, canned tomatoes, canned beans).

I also like Fresh and Easy- a small grocery chain that specializes in grab and go items.

Aghhhh---- I miss Sprouts!!!! Moved from AZ--> FL and gave up Sprouts and Trader Joes. Now I must live at Whole Foods because I spent my entire mortgage at WF....
  • marydhastings
    Options
    I love trader joes and whole foods but it feels like their soo expensive. Not very college student friendly