Started running today

Kagemori
Kagemori Posts: 88 Member
I did my first run today!
I downloaded that Zombies run! app and did Mission 1.
It was 30 min long and you jog the first 20/25 min and then sprint the last 5/10 min(depending upon your music playlist and how long it takes you to progress through the story) I wound up sprinting the last 10 min.

Considering it was my first time running in YEARS I had to pause the mission a few times to catch my breath and walk out the stich in my side and of course drink some water. I wont lie. I swear there were I few times, specially during the spiriting period, that I thought I was gunna die, but I found that despite that I do enjoy running, like I do my walking.

Im only going to do the running about once a week till I build up strength or feel im ready to do it more often. Im also no going to progress past mission one of zombies, run! till I feel I can complete it with out almost dying.

Replies

• Sycoholic
    Sycoholic Posts: 282 Member
    The other missions aren't really any harder that I've found. The zombie chases are sprinkled throughout. The sprinting will make you a better runner faster than just plain running. Glad to hear you found a love for running and didn't get eaten in the process...lol
  • Kagemori
    its not the missions themselves, its the length of time. I haven't really gotten that far, but doesn't the time or rather the distance increase throughout the missions?
  • sunshinestater
    sunshinestater Posts: 596 Member
    That sounds like an awesome start. I'm not quite ready for that much running, but I'm currently finishing week two of C25K. Kudos to you for plunging right back into running.
  • Sycoholic
    Sycoholic Posts: 282 Member
    Go into the settings. It will allow you to adjust for about 30 minutes or about an hour. Keep in mind I have the Windows phone version which is no longer supported. The Android and Apple ones have had a major patch recently too. Good luck and don't let the zom's get ya.
  • Kagemori
    yea I remembered that when I started fiddling with the app again
  • closenre
    closenre Posts: 225 Member
    Congrats.. I love running and have been doing so 4x a week for a year now with 2 fills and 6 halves completed and 2 more halves in the next 2 weeks . Enjoy it and if you have Amy questions feel free to ask or friend me!
  • barbara4599
    barbara4599 Posts: 114 Member
    That's great! When I get back up to running shape I can't wait to try that app!
  • VintageFit
    VintageFit Posts: 90 Member
    There is also a Zombie 5K app (sort of like Couch to 5K I think training-wise) from the same company for people just starting out :) I just got it and can't wait to try it!