One of Those Days -- Could Eat Everything

Options
It's happening, one of those days where it seems like the day is long and you just want to eat all the time, nothing seems satisfying. Does anyone know what causes this/how to fight it?

Replies

• elis_mama
    elis_mama Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I'm having the saaaaaaame issue today.
  • inktotree
    inktotree Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I'm almost wondering if it's the dreary weather or unrestful sleep throwing my body into fits! I can't handle it! I've done so good up until this point and I guess I'm just feeling weak today! Isn't it the worst?
  • SteelySunshine
    SteelySunshine Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Try this. I baked an acorn squash and I filled it to over flowing with sauteed veggies, onions, tomatoes, garlic, and collard greens. I fried some tofu for protein. I could only eat half.

There are lots of variations to this. Lots of veggies plus one to two cups of cooked pasta for under 600 calories. A big salad with a really nice vinaigrette, add some fruit to make it feel like a cheat. Or if you like ice cream with a couple cups of chopped strawberries (1/2 cup ice cream, rest strawberries) I dunno what that is without checking, but it's probably under 200 calories. You should drizzle some chocolate on top and maybe add some whipped cream.

Or some air popped popcorn, I put nutritional yeast on mine and it's divine.

Or a huge plate of raw veggies.

It really doesn't matter how much volume you put in your stomach as long as you can stay in calorie range. A large volume of food will trick your body into saying that you've had enough.
  • narniagirl95
    narniagirl95 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Same here! I'm SO HUNGRY today and I have been steadily snacking on carrots and fruit salad and chicken for the past, um, 2 or 3 hours and I'M STILL STARVING.

All my calories are already used up and I haven't even had dinner yet haha oops. Guess I'm exercising later today....
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I just have "hungry days", a lot of pals on my friends list say the same. I figure it's just my body's way of saying feed me! I listen and do my best to eat good stuff all day long, and to make sure that I'm legitimately hungry, drinking enough water, etc. And if I go over a bit, so be it - it's one day and it won't hurt.
  • inktotree
    inktotree Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement guys! I just handled it (for now) with a sturdier meal/snack and drank like 2 glasses of water so for now I think I'm good. Just got to get through tonight! And I totally agree with you, even if I go over on my calories today then I'm still going to jump back on the wagon tomorrow. :)