Overly sensitive?

Options
RedHeadDevotchka
RedHeadDevotchka Posts: 1,394 Member
My cat likes to jump up on my lap when I'm on the couch and knead his paws on my belly. Cats usually like to knead dough on soft things. Do you think he's telling me Im fat and still need to lose a lot of weight or am I just being overly sensitive?

Replies

• Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Cats cannot be trusted.....
  • krazyforyou
    krazyforyou Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    The kneading motion is what kittens do to make their mothers milk come down while they are nursing. The cat is saying it loves you, not that your fat.
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    My cat likes to jump up on my lap when I'm on the couch and knead his paws on my belly. Cats usually like to knead dough on soft things. Do you think he's telling me Im fat and still need to lose a lot of weight or am I just being overly sensitive?

yes. your cat is being a jerk. they are known to do that.

cat-being-jerk-gif.gif
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Kneading means they're happy. However, if your cat starts suckling on your shirt, that's a sign of a cat that was taken from mom too early. One of my cats is a well-known "wool-sucker". So no, your cat is definitely not insulting you. :tongue:
  • LMT2012
    LMT2012 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    I hear they (cats) also require that movement as exercise to maintain health. Perhaps she is asking you to work out with her?
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    Kneading means they're happy. However, if your cat starts suckling on your shirt, that's a sign of a cat that was taken from mom too early. One of my cats is a well-known "wool-sucker". So no, your cat is definitely not insulting you. :tongue:

If the cat is sucking on your shirt and humping the air, that means he's masturbating. For real, cats *kitten*. Mine does it A LOT! (http://www.drjeffnichol.com/?p=485)

Usually when my cat does that, I just give him a box of tissues and give him privacy.
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    I hear they (cats) also require that movement as exercise to maintain health. Perhaps she is asking you to work out with her?

My cats give me this look when I'm working out :huh:
  • weevil66
    weevil66 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Maybe your cat is just trying to tenderize you for later consumption.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry your cat treated you that way. It's not ok. You should call the national hotline for people mistreated by cats.
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    I'm convinced my cat is feeling around for internal organs when she does that. You know, looking for vulnerable spots for when the cat planet tells her it's time to strike.
  • Squidgeypaws007
    Squidgeypaws007 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Well mine is currently chasing what I can only assume to be his tail around the kitchen, meowing and yelping every now and again. They're not to be trusted at all....it's all a ploy, secretly they're formulating plans to take over the WORLD, yours is just trying to psych you out......stay strong sister! :laugh:
  • sam308lbs
    sam308lbs Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    Just Break up! You deserve to be treated with respect and loved for who you are
  • thecakelocker
    thecakelocker Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    My cat sits on my lap and farts on me as a sign of her love.
  • DancingDreams1234
    Options
    It's funny you asked this, because this happened to me a week ago! The cat started kneading my belly, and I got sensitive. Don't take it seriously, your cat is just being a kitty.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    Are you sure its a cat? Watch Steven Kings, Cats Eye and think again.

11383100_gal.jpg
  • tedrickp
    tedrickp Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    Your cat is clearly fat shaming.
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    nooooooo! he's loving.
  • bethlaf
    bethlaf Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    hes just tenderizing you, and helping move your "Chi"
    zn511db0e3.gif
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry your cat treated you that way. It's not ok. You should call the national hotline for people mistreated by cats.

This. It won't stop unless people speak up.
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    80540730.jpg