Tough love?

Options
rcatr
rcatr Posts: 374 Member
This is a copy/paste from my blog but i thought it would be a forum topic too...

I'm looking at my goal and looking at my lack of achievement thus far...

And I have to ask myself, "How badly do you want this?"

I mean seriously, "How badly do you want it?"

I look at some of the choices I make and looking from the outside in I think, you must not want it that bad.

I don't want to get manic about this or anything but I think I lose sight or take it easy on myself a little too often. Mania is one thing, being forgiving is one thing...but do i forgive and go easy on myself...right away from my goals????

I'm just putting it out there. Do you ever feel like you do this to yourself?

I need to stop being so nice I think. Give myself a little tough love.

Replies

• elizamary77
    elizamary77 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I like this I think its true for a lot of ppl....very inspirational I'm passing this along
  • surlydave
    surlydave Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Nobody is harder on me than me. In fact, I think everyone else being so nice and polite about things is what lets me take it easy on myself. It's not like I want people on the street calling me a fat *kitten*, but I also don't need my friends luring me out for cocktails after work when I should be going to the gym!
  • calicowgirl0582
    Options
    Very true! I've done that for months!!!
  • July24Lioness
    July24Lioness Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    Yes, up until the last few months I have always self-sabotaged myself for one reason or another...........

I was able to reach a goal that had nothing to do with weight loss and everything to do with health and now my motivation is soaring high and I CAN't allow it to drop back down NO MATTER WHAT!!! My health and well being depends on it.
  • surlydave
    Options
    You know, ignore what I just said, that's just me blaming someone else for something entirely within my control. Yes, we DO take it too easy on ourselves! :wink:
  • July24Lioness
    July24Lioness Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    You know, ignore what I just said, that's just me blaming someone else for something entirely within my control. Yes, we DO take it too easy on ourselves! :wink:

Isn't it weird though???

As much as we take it easy on ourselves sometimes, we are also our own worst critics. :laugh:
  • elizamary77
    elizamary77 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    That was a quick and funny realization. I was blaming my kids dad for buying Oreo’s and candy all the time. I would get mad, and you know what he still does it and I guess cause I’m more determined now I don’t even look at the stuff. I was blaming him but it was me damn it, I know how to say no thanks!
  • surlydave
    Options
    It only took me 60 seconds to realize how full of crap I was, but you guys are too fast with your posts! lol
  • rcatr
    rcatr Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    whew! i thought it was just me. i mean, i know i'm hard on myself with regard to body image and whatnot, but when it comes to actual execution i give myself a pass too much i think. even today i think i just could have made better choices.
  • vinjama
    vinjama Posts: 52
    Options
    Motivation, inspiration, desire. Yup, it hits you like a pillow case full of bricks. Only then will you know how bad you want it. Trust in yourself and believe what you want is achievable. It applies to everything in life.

What it all comes down to is finding how and what makes us happy
  • HeatherBurke
    HeatherBurke Posts: 147
    Options
    I do this to myself all the time. I make myself cry trying on clothes I KNOW are not going to fit, I mess with my stomach pointing out how nasty it is, don't take compliments and when they are given to me I bash myself by saying thanks but I feel like a cow etc, I constantly tell myself how fat I am and everything BUT the same day, even the same sentence I am reaching for a cookie, staring at my elliptical sitting in my living room like it's a foreign object that just showed up out of nowhere.. I mean really??? You keep saying how horrible you feela bout yourself, how if you looked better you would feel better and if you feel better about yourself everything else will be better YET you still do all of these things to ruin your efforts. AMAZING! I am truly my own worst enemy. Without a doubt. I don't understand it.

I feel the same, I dont really want people to tell me I'm a fat *kitten* but them saying oh you're not fat blah blah blah really just gives me room in my head to slack off.... very vicious cycle... Goes back to taking responsibility for your own actions and being your own motivation not others.... hmm.. Interesting.
  • FabiolaEnvy♥
    Options
    i did that last week. and boy did it hurt. but then im like dude. enough is enough and got back into gear and loss it back :)
  • crazyjkgirl
    crazyjkgirl Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    It's interesting though because honestly, I need to lighten up on myself. I've been tough loving my way towards what might be my developing an eating disorder.