SOON-TO-BE-DAD Fathers Day gift ideas needed!

Options
00Angela00
00Angela00 Posts: 1,077 Member
I'm due in September and was wondering if anyone had any fun ideas for what to get for a soon to be dad?

Replies

• sonjavon
    sonjavon Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    You could get him "the first of many ties"

Or a coffee mug that says "Dad" on it
  • surlydave
    surlydave Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Let me sleep on that one. As a dad you would think I could answer this.
  • Pinksapphire74
    Options
    This is my cousin Lisa's website http://www.customdiapercakes.com/, she is located in WA but does ship, if nothing else it would give you some great dad gift ideas! Hope it helps and Congrates!!! Alecia
  • kellycrow
    kellycrow Posts: 140
    Options
    A TOOL BELT... get a tool belt from the hardware store but fill it with things like diaper cream, baby wipes, burp cloths, baby rattles , etc... very fun... you can make it as useful or not as you want!
  • elizamary77
    elizamary77 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    How bout some fancy ear plugs, although some men aparantly can sleep through crying and all the other random requests that come during the night lol. I can think of a serious gift but thats a good gag one.
  • onagraceous
    onagraceous Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Depending on his and your style, pregnancy pictures could be a lot of fun and a great way to show off the new little one in his or her current stage of life. I know not everyone is into this sort of thing. And/or, you could give a "coupon" for something fun that the two of you like to do but maybe haven't been able to do for a while (night out, maybe) - that is, IF you have someone (his or your mom?) who might be able to watch baby sometime soon after baby is born.
  • Vallandingham
    Vallandingham Posts: 2,177
    Options
    How about planning a romantic dinner, followed by a massage by you, followed by his favorite fantasy?
    ....after all, he is going to be going through a drought soon enough.
  • Elokyn
    Elokyn Posts: 448 Member
    Options
  • Pinksapphire74
    Options
    This is my cousin Lisa's website http://www.customdiapercakes.com/, she is located in WA but does ship, if nothing else it would give you some great dad gift ideas! Hope it helps and Congrates!!! Alecia

This has a father tool belt filed with diapers, wipes, nose plugs, gooles, tonges and a few other fun things to make dads job better!
  • jrbowers83
    jrbowers83 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Do you know if you're having a boy or girl yet? I got a dark blue onesie for my boy and a pink one for my girl when I was pregnant then used Iron-on letters and numbers to make them look like a sports jersey. Also did a matching one for dad to wear too. I used a zero for the baby to be and 1 for Dad's (as in #1 dad). HTH. There are some excellent ideas on here!
  • sonjavon
    sonjavon Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    You could make a list of all the reasons why you chose him to be the father of your child(ren) and frame it.

Or pick something that you will give him every year... something he can collect. A beer stein, a dad tee shirt... something that you can do every year.
  • 00Angela00
    00Angela00 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    These are all great ideas! Thanks