Is the gain goal in MFP will be fat or muscles?

Options
hello everbody
and thnk u in advance for reading my massage

i have simple question

is MFP when i put my goal gain , is the gain will be fat or muscles?

Replies

• GetSoda
    GetSoda Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    hello everbody
    and thnk u in advance for reading my massage

i have simple question

is MFP when i put my goal gain , is the gain will be fat or muscles?

I dunno, how much weight lifting do you do?
  • saleh1988
    saleh1988 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    i am burning my target calories which is gain 1.5 b in week .. if they ask me 2500 calories i burn them
    but i follow powr 90
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Fat. Gaining muscle does not work the same as losing fat, but the calculations on mfp use the same algorithm. If you're trying to gain muscle, manually set yourself to eat around 300 calories above maintenance
  • GetSoda
    GetSoda Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    Fat. Gaining muscle does not work the same as losing fat, but the calculations on mfp use the same algorithm. If you're trying to gain muscle, manually set yourself to eat around 300 calories above maintenance

Agree. Fat. Especially with power 90.

To add to this, you need to do a real strength training program to gain anything.
  • craigmandu
    craigmandu Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Agree with the other posters...ditch the Power 90 and I would suggest trying something like SL 5x5. You are eating at a 750 cal a day surplus to put on 1.5lb each week. Lean muscle building takes time, at that surplus, alot of those cals will be converted to fat.
  • grantdumas7
    grantdumas7 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Get on a good lifting program if you want to build muscle. The calorie requirements on MFP at least for me are too low. My goal was to gain .5 per week and I ended up loosing about 1 LB. If you want a better calorie calculator look at the Harris Benedict or Katch-Mcardle. Also 1.5 LBS per week is a lot and you may gain more fat than you want.