Snacks that aren't nuts! Help?!

Options
I have been looking at trying to avoid snacks (I'm a huge chocolate fan!) and everything seems to include something I am allergic to. I am allergic to all nuts except hazelnuts, peanuts and coconut.
I really wanted to be able to buy Graze boxes but they can't cater for people with nut allergies.
Help?

Replies

• Einahhh
    Einahhh Posts: 139
    Options
    Popcorn is a nice, healthy snack, as long as you go easy on the salt and butter!
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Fage Greek yogurt cups, bananas, Trader joes plantain chips, veggies and hummus and chips and salsa are my go to snacks that wouldn't contain nuts
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options
    How are you about cheese? I love my Babybel rounds and generic string cheese.
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    I have been looking at trying to avoid snacks (I'm a huge chocolate fan!) and everything seems to include something I am allergic to. I am allergic to all nuts except hazelnuts, peanuts and coconut.
    I really wanted to be able to buy Graze boxes but they can't cater for people with nut allergies.
    Help?

How about greek yogurt with your favorite fruit? The other day I froze a cup of freeze yogurt that was mixed with two tablespoons of Reese's Creamy Peanut Butter, banana, and a Red Delicious Apple.

I like to use the Laughing Cow cheese on celery, crackers. rice cakes, etc.

You could freeze your favorite fruit & eat them as a cold, refreshing snack.
  • NerdyTXChick
    NerdyTXChick Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Considering you said you're a huge chocolate fan and not allergic to peanuts, you might like the snack I recently discovered. I mix 2 tablespoons of natural peanut butter with a scoop of chocolate protein powder. I usually have to add a little water in order to blend it completely, which results in a frosting like consistency. It's so-o-o good and makes me feel like I'm eating candy.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    I do an apple or 1/2 grapefruit with a cheese stick, banana, a protein shake, a fruit flavor greek yogurt, pretzels, or a hard boiled egg for snacks.
  • judtod
    judtod Posts: 85
    Options
    My go to chocolate snack are these candies:
    Mix 1/2 cup of a high fiber cereal
    2 T peanuts
    1/4 cup melted dark chocolate chips
    Spoon out spoonfuls on a sheet of parchment paper or wax paper
    Let dry
    Enjoy.
    They are mostly high fiber cereal, so they are very healthy. But, they also taste very chocolatey. I love these. Each time I make them, I make a bigger batch.
  • NerdyTXChick
    NerdyTXChick Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    My go to chocolate snack are these candies:
    Mix 1/2 cup of a high fiber cereal
    2 T peanuts
    1/4 cup melted dark chocolate chips
    Spoon out spoonfuls on a sheet of parchment paper or wax paper
    Let dry
    Enjoy.
    They are mostly high fiber cereal, so they are very healthy. But, they also taste very chocolatey. I love these. Each time I make them, I make a bigger batch.

Yum! Sounds good!
  • littlebudgie
    littlebudgie Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    If you like sesame seed oil, there are nori "chips" that have been seasoned with sesame seed oil that are amaaazing. You can make them yourself or get them at Asian grocery stores. The ones I buy have 30 calories to a pack and really satisfy the craving for something flavourful.

I also like to snack on shrimp, although admittedly they're less portable than the nori chips.
  • MorgueBabe
    MorgueBabe Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    I normally mix some cocktail peanuts with dark chocolate raisins, pumpkin seeds and dried fruit (blueberries, cranberries, pomps). ANd nosh on that.
  • kerrilovescass
    Options
    I have been loving saltine crackers. 10 calories per cracker!:ohwell:
  • mirandasolest
    mirandasolest Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite snacks that I find will keep me going for ages is a small tin or half a tin of reduced sugar/salt baked beans, half a teaspoon of cayenne pepper which is a metabolism booster and makes it a bit for interesting and a handful of spinach, wilted in as you heat. Takes about 2 minutes to prepare and the protein in the beans will keep you running until your next meal :)
  • seabuckaroo
    seabuckaroo Posts: 85
    Options
    Considering you said you're a huge chocolate fan and not allergic to peanuts, you might like the snack I recently discovered. I mix 2 tablespoons of natural peanut butter with a scoop of chocolate protein powder. I usually have to add a little water in order to blend it completely, which results in a frosting like consistency. It's so-o-o good and makes me feel like I'm eating candy.

Going to try this, sounds yummy
  • gonnamakeanewaccount
    gonnamakeanewaccount Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Dark chocolate.
    Fresh/dried fruit.
    Fresh vegetables with hummus or ranch.
    Celery topped with Laughing Cow cheese.
    Tortilla chips and guacamole/salsa.
    String cheese.
  • FitFunFabulousNicole
    FitFunFabulousNicole Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I agree with the greek yogurt. I snack on it everyday
  • Kiyalynn
    Kiyalynn Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I really like Andes Mints, but that's not a snack that will keep you going... on the other hand only 25 Calories each!

I really like fruit juice, or chocolate milk, lots of calories but decently healthy.
    Cottage Cheese, Reasonably low calorie; the kind I buy only has 80 calories a serving.
    Pickles, If your not watching your sodium pickles have very few calories.

Also, if all else fails, open a can of vegetables, lots of food for very little calories.
  • M______
    M______ Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    You're in the UK OP? Following link might be of help to you :)

http://www.therawchocolatecompany.com/index.htm
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    Fruit
    Carrots
    Celery
    Raisins
    Dried fruit
    Yogurts
    Harley's jellys
    Cottage cheese