Funky Pump

Options
Anyone got any idea how many cals burned in 60 mins of Funky Pump. I need to get a hrm but in the meantime need to log something. It was my first time tonight, now I can hardly walk lol, but I loved it. I think F P may be a UK thing or am I wrong?

Replies

• elizamary77
    elizamary77 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    must be I have never heard of it, what is it?
  • jubo
    jubo Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi there, it's a boxing based session , lots of high impact aerobic type exercise combined with boxing moves, using punch bags, the unique thing is that it is done in clubs with a DJ mixing very very loud dance music. It is amazing, hard work but so much fun. I am going to be in sooo much pain tomorrow!
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm... Sounds kinda like a more high impact Tae Bo.
  • mamaturner
    mamaturner Posts: 2,533 Member
    Options
    There's something similar it sounds at the fitness center I go to. They call it Turbo Kick. I'll be doing it for the first time Friday, so I can let ya know then! lol. Otherwise it sounds possibly similar to zumba, I burn 550-650 cals in 60 min. I'm 5' 145 #. I know Turbo Kick is much more intense than zumba so it may be more. A good rule of thumb, for 10 minutes of excessive workout (like really putting your all in) in these similar cardios it's about 100 cals burned.
  • elizamary77
    elizamary77 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Hi there, it's a boxing based session , lots of high impact aerobic type exercise combined with boxing moves, using punch bags, the unique thing is that it is done in clubs with a DJ mixing very very loud dance music. It is amazing, hard work but so much fun. I am going to be in sooo much pain tomorrow!

OMG I would love that it sounds like tones of fun, not to mention a killer workout!! but I would log it under the kick boxing