Sick with Bronchitis, don't want to lose progress-help!

Options
I've been really sick with what feels like bronchitis for the past 10 days. I can't breathe, so I haven't done any real exercise. What can I do? I've kept my water intake up, have been eating healthy and staying at a calorie deficit. I'm not doing it on purpose, but a banana split into 2 chocolate whey protein shakes feels like the only thing I can handle. Anything else this week that I've eaten has made me (literally) sick.

What could I do to not kill my progress?

Replies

• herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    If you've had bronchitis for a week go see your doctor. I get it at least once a year and if you're not careful it tends to magically mutate into pneumonia....or it might just be me. If you're ill and can't eat without being sick I wouldn't worry about it. Eat what you can, when you can and take care of your health. Once your illness clears up you should be better able to meet your goals.
  • Joehenny
    Joehenny Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    Take a chill pill. You're sick.
  • walkbyfaith0314
    Options
    I'm the same way. Basically when fall and summer occur, I get sick. It's happened my whole life, but this is the first time that I've actually been on par with my health goals and its happened.
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    I am rarely sick; last Wednesday, I started feeling a bit rough and by Thursday, was in bed with fever and chills... recouperated somewhat (or so I thought) on Friday and had the same thing Saturday... So Sunday, I was in the Immediate Care... Bronchitis and URI... It was not cheap but I was so glad I went. You will get better sooner if you go on now.

That being said, when you are sick... the main thing is get well.. Do not even focus on weight loss at that time.. You need your strength... AS you say, though, sometimes weight loss comes naturally in those times... It did for me becasue, like you, I just did not feel like eating much of anything.

Get well soon.
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    You won't go into starvation mode because your sick and not eating your normal amts. You will be fine. The biggest thing to worry about is when you do get your appetite back, that will be the struggle. But I'd def see a doctor and get something to take to make you feel better.
  • walkbyfaith0314
    Options
    You won't go into starvation mode because your sick and not eating your normal amts. You will be fine. The biggest thing to worry about is when you do get your appetite back, that will be the struggle. But I'd def see a doctor and get something to take to make you feel better.
    I was worried about the starvation mode, you nailed it right on the head. Thanks, you made me feel less worried about failing.
  • walkbyfaith0314
    Options
    I am rarely sick; last Wednesday, I started feeling a bit rough and by Thursday, was in bed with fever and chills... recouperated somewhat (or so I thought) on Friday and had the same thing Saturday... So Sunday, I was in the Immediate Care... Bronchitis and URI... It was not cheap but I was so glad I went. You will get better sooner if you go on now.

That being said, when you are sick... the main thing is get well.. Do not even focus on weight loss at that time.. You need your strength... AS you say, though, sometimes weight loss comes naturally in those times... It did for me becasue, like you, I just did not feel like eating much of anything.

Get well soon.

That is EXACTLY what's gone on with me. Thanks for the well wishes, I hope you feel better soon!
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    I was worried about the starvation mode, you nailed it right on the head. Thanks, you made me feel less worried about failing.

Starvation Mode is thrown around on here like everyone who under eats is in starvation mode and you have to eat more to get your body out of it. Truth is 95% of people will never ever even come close to being in starvation mode. 3rd world countries are pretty much the only humans on this earth that suffer from strarvation mode. People on here will tell you yes I've been diagnoised with that but while they and their doctors believe that to be true, it really isn't. They use the term when they've hit a plateau and are having a hard time getting out of it.