Cicadas for dinner anyone?

amaysngrace
amaysngrace Posts: 742 Member
Sorry, I am posting a lot. I just learned how to post not too long ago and now stuff just keeps coming to mind, but this is the last one and I will take a break for a couple of months. Anyways, I was reading about the cicada invasion and they were just describing how to catch one of those insects and eat them. They also have cookbooks and say you can eat them as a shrimp replacement. Anyone for catching cicadas and eating them, now that they are suppose to be an invasion of them?

Replies

• lauradian
    lauradian Posts: 32
    I'm just here to see what others say- the only thing that comes to mind to me is EWWW.. thats like eating a cockroach to me!
  • amaysngrace
    I'm just here to see what others say- the only thing that comes to mind to me is EWWW.. thats like eating a cockroach to me!

I know the article was like "make sure you remove the wings first or they will get stuck in your teeth like corn kernels from popcorn" I was like WTH!? I just read that in Colombia they have leaf cutter ants instead of popcorn at the movie theatre and they have an earthworm restaurant in Croatia...interesting.
  • ckish
    ckish Posts: 341 Member
    I remember hating the cicadas invasion I endured as a kid. I vowed I would move before the next 17 year infestation and never visit during the invasions. I imagine they would taste like crickets but I prefer animal proteins. :drinker:
  • amaysngrace
    I remember hating the cicadas invasion I endured as a kid. I vowed I would move before the next 17 year infestation and never visit during the invasions. I imagine they would taste like crickets but I prefer animal proteins. :drinker:

Yeah, they said most of the world is big on insects except for us because it is taboo here. They say it taste like a succulent shrimp though.