Running Music

Options
2»

Replies

• Quix82
    Quix82 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I've been listening to a lot of Dropkick Murphy's and Nine Inch Nails while running lately.
  • NatzC123
    NatzC123 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Skrillex, Deadmau5, upbeat k-pop music, peppy annoying pop music and anything with a good beat :)
    +1, except for the preppy annoying pop music part!!! More dance and trance kinda gal!!!
  • Mamahana82
    Mamahana82 Posts: 64
    Options
    Most of the upbeat songs by Flogging Molly are perfect for my stride but I vary it up with top 40 electro-pop and artists like Bob Dylan and Bob Marley. I like my music to surprise me. Going from Gaga singing Bad Romance to Bob Dylan serenading me with A Hard Rain's A-Gonna Fall definitely keeps me from getting bored with my tunes.
  • adwilliams03
    adwilliams03 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Right Here, Right Now by Fatboy Slim :)
  • kahyee
    kahyee Posts: 63
    Options
    I download podcasts on Itunes. My fav is Motiontraxx and then podrunner. I can't keep my pace listening to real music.
  • JT_Taylor_99
    Options
    I listen to a little of everything when I run. I try to the music at 180 beats per minute so that I can run a good pace. There are websites out there that will allow you to find music based on the pace you desire to run.
  • inksyrup
    inksyrup Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    It varies from pop, punk, heavy metal, rap, hiphop, and podcasts. Really, whatever suits your fancy works!
  • chelseascounter
    chelseascounter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Kaskade
    M83
    Wynter Gordon
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    (at the moment)
    GNR
    DMX
    Rage Against The Machine...
  • strawberry1969
    strawberry1969 Posts: 1,476 Member
    Options
    Love the 80s so
    Listen to quite a lot and up to date I like naughty boy,disclosure and rudimental something fast paced to keep me going
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    I use the Zombies, Run! app, so I have a zombie themed playlist.. It includes Astro Zombies by the Misfits, On Cobblestones by 12 Step Rebels, Dawn of the Dead by the Murderdolls, Fear of the Dark by Iron Maiden, and more along those veins. Otherwise, I usually want something loud and angry. 80s punk, metal and psychobilly are my usual favorite genres.
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    I use the Zombies, Run! app, so I have a zombie themed playlist.. It includes Astro Zombies by the Misfits, On Cobblestones by 12 Step Rebels, Dawn of the Dead by the Murderdolls, Fear of the Dark by Iron Maiden, and more along those veins. Otherwise, I usually want something loud and angry. 80s punk, metal and psychobilly are my usual favorite genres.

I also use zombies, run! - never thought of a zombie style playlist

GENIUS!
  • tramplingrose
    Options
    If I run (which I don't do that often, because I hate it), I listen to ska-punk--Stuff like Rancid, Mighty Mighty Bosstones, Reel Big Fish, etc.
  • shadowkat57
    shadowkat57 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I've been listening to a lot of Dropkick Murphy's and Nine Inch Nails while running lately.
    YES
    If I run (which I don't do that often, because I hate it), I listen to ska-punk--Stuff like Rancid, Mighty Mighty Bosstones, Reel Big Fish, etc.
    ALSO YES

Rancid pushes me way further than just willpower would.

Also, The Prodigy, Chemical Brothers, Rage Against the Machine etc.
  • seanyldn
    seanyldn Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    OH MAN! Why didn't I think of that? I need to get me a ska playlist set up straight away..

I'll probably end up with a ridiculous running style, like a high speed skank.
  • 21deadmonkeys
    21deadmonkeys Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I love ska and punk! It's my fav type of music and I'm so glad people on here know what ska is even. That being said, I can't run to it because it makes me want to dance too much. Lately I've been sticking to more pop punk type stuff.
  • seanyldn
    seanyldn Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    And a little while later, here's a Spotify playlist for you to enjoy.. Ska/Skapunk and a bit of reggae too to start it out slow as you build your pace:

http://open.spotify.com/user/seany85/playlist/5MgXt8uxDt5Xj53XTOJkoj