Looking for short round buddies!

Options
Hi all
I'm new and struggling with both weight loss and exercise...I'm 5' (slightly less but don't tell anyone-it's embarrassing!) tall and carting around 164lbs at the age of 49. Lost about a stone last year by low carbing but can't do that long term.
I'll be at my half century age in 2 months and would love to have ONE photo of me looking good. Pics from the last decade are not pretty!
Starting to walk every day but it's hard to keep up with a partner who is fitter and significantly taller than me :laugh:
Any little curvy people out there who can give support and understanding? Got at least a stone to go, so I may be here some time...

Replies

• BubbaKingDing
    Options
    Hi ! I'm only 5' 3" and currently at 257 lbs down from 285. I am also headed for the big 5-0 , I'm currently 46. I find the food tracker in here the easiest of any diet. I have tried weight watchers numerous times but get sick of journaling by hand. I find that I am making better food choices by entering a food before I eat it and see if its really worth it. I am amazed at how many calories I thought I was eating, compared to the ones i actually am. Everyday it gets easier to journal too because you have already entered things you've eaten and can just use your current food list . Exercise is coming slow for me because I have Rheumatoid Arthritis but I'm trying for around ten minutes a day. If I feel good I do a little more, but I'm not going to stress about trying to change everything at once. I think coming on here every day, keeping an honest food diary and networking with other people in the same boat is going to help tremendously. Add me as a friend, the more support the better !:smile:
  • nickims4
    nickims4 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hi, yes short and round that's me!
    I currently weigh 199lbs down from 249lbs when I started. I'll be 46 this year in August although I like to forget about that as much as possible.Oh and I'm 5ft1. Feel free to add me as a friend,
    Nicki