Water intake

maca416
maca416 Posts: 142 Member
How much water do you drink a day & how do you drink it, sips over the day gulp it down like I do then spend too much time visiting the loo.

Finding it hard to get then right balance.

Replies

• BreytonJay
    BreytonJay Posts: 86 Member
    i gulp. I actually wear pretty rubber bands on my wrists so I remember to drink water. After one bottle is down(I keep at my desk at 20oz blender bottle) I switch one band over to the other wrist. I know that by lunchtime I usually have three on the right wrist and that's about halfway. And yes, I go to the loo a ton, but at least it gives me a chacne to get up and move around away from my desk!
  • I'm not a huge fan of water (in fact i only started drinking properly when i rejoined mfp two weeks ago)

I carry a 750ml pump bottle with me to work and make sure i drink at least two of those. I'm not crazy on water but even if I'm not thirsty I'll have a glass with lunch and dinner (i have tea with breakfast) and sip from my water bottle when I'm bored.

Just make sure you're hitting at least 6 glasses (8 is recommended but 6 is minimum intake, or at least it is according to my good friend Olivia)

I need to go to the toilet perhaps 3 to 4 times a day - regular toilet breaks are frustrating but it's good because it means your metabolisms going and your bodys cycling and flushing.
  • Rachelesa94
    Rachelesa94 Posts: 58
    I'm really slack when it comes to drinking water plus I don't like the taste :/
    So what I do is drink about 1 litre with each meal and I pretty much just skull it down hahhaa
    It's not so good at night though cause I end up waking up in the middle of the night.
    But if you drink the water throughout your meal it makes you feel fuller and then you eat less.
    Also what I do because I don't like the taste of water is make a litre of herbal tea and refrigerate it for a couple hours so it's like drinking iced tea yum!
  • MsStang02
    MsStang02 Posts: 147 Member
    I try to hit the 8 glasses a day, or more. Especially on the days that I work out. I have found it to be very beneficial (To me, in my opinion). I just FEEL better in general. It makes my work outs easier because I am hydrated and my muscles do not cramp like they do when I do not have enough water. My skin is not as dry either. That gets better by the day. I use the restroom A LOT!!! But I make it a "mini workout". It is a bit of a distance to the restroom, so I speed walk there, and back. Every little bit helps!
  • drefaw
    drefaw Posts: 739
    I bring 5 - 20 oz bottles of water to work with me every day. And make sure I drink them before I am off work for the day.
  • sucg
    sucg Posts: 36
    I carry a litre bottle with me everywhere i go & try to finish 3 by the end of the day. I've learnt to like it now. If i feel a bit water logged i make a mug of hot water and squeeze lemon juice into it. I have been known to add a sweatner to it too. Seems to go down easier that way. Loo runs happen often but it does get better over time i'm told. Su
  • ohmscheeks
    ohmscheeks Posts: 840 Member
    From what I gather, you end up in the spending a lot of time in the "loo" either way, lol. My goal is 8 cups throughout the day. I don't always reach it though. Maybe I should adopt the "gulp" method to at least get the hydration in, hm...
  • maca416
    I try to hit the 8 glasses a day, or more. Especially on the days that I work out. I have found it to be very beneficial (To me, in my opinion). I just FEEL better in general. It makes my work outs easier because I am hydrated and my muscles do not cramp like they do when I do not have enough water. My skin is not as dry either. That gets better by the day. I use the restroom A LOT!!! But I make it a "mini workout". It is a bit of a distance to the restroom, so I speed walk there, and back. Every little bit helps!

Love the idea of visits to the loo as mini workout's :) that's a great way of posative thinking so I will see it as a good thing now.

So what, in ml's, is a glass of water ? I have drunk 3 1/2 ltrs already between 10am - 1pm today thinking 2 glasses = 1ltr is that correct.

Thanks for your replys
  • c_faulkenburg
    c_faulkenburg Posts: 158 Member
    Your body will even itself out. You might have to visit the toilet more frequently initially but it will work itself out. A good indicator as to whether you are getting enough water is e color of your pee. The paler the better,
  • maca416
    Your body will even itself out. You might have to visit the toilet more frequently initially but it will work itself out. A good indicator as to whether you are getting enough water is e color of your pee. The paler the better,

Yes pretty much clear pee