weight stall.

Options
I have hit a stall on loosing weight I have tryed to eat the right amount suggested and I have tryed not eating getting frustrated ...I guess i need to completely starve..

Replies

• flimflamfloz
    flimflamfloz Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    I've heard it takes 3 days to lose all the weight you've accumulated for all these years, and not just 2 days.

My advice: wait one more day.
  • snowmanluv
    snowmanluv Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Carb loading (low, low, high, zero, low, high zero). Mix up workout routines (biking swimming, ploymetrics to keep the body guessing). View diaries for food. If you just now eating then your body good be at a plateau while it's adjusting. Find out your tdee, bmr then cut back 20%. I did a little more because. Also, protein and veggies better than carbs and sweets.
  • danalynngraham
    Options
    I have tryed eating lots of protein to keep me from being hungry, i have tryed lowering my calories and fat to under 1000 cal. or under 20 grams of fat.. I guess totally starving is only thing next.
  • debraran1
    debraran1 Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    I found in the past, I needed to be patient and mix it up. Once I broke a plateau when I had a root canal, low food intake for a day or so and it was enough to lower my weight a pound or two. Another time, it was actually eating ice cream, I think my body wanted the fat I joked, but I said, hell with it, had my favorite and then next morning it moved down instead of up. Most times though, it's exercise and changing the things I do...I even stalled running years ago and had to incorporate hills and intervals.

Don't get discouraged.
  • MattN1972
    MattN1972 Posts: 117
    Options
    Maybe you can open up your diary and let others see what ou have been eating. Lot of smart people on here and can give some advice.

Maybe a little more info like. How long ou been stalled for. What has your exercising been?

It's frustrating as heck but the fight makes the reward that much better.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    I have tryed eating lots of protein to keep me from being hungry, i have tryed lowering my calories and fat to under 1000 cal. or under 20 grams of fat.. I guess totally starving is only thing next.
    Eating less than 1000 calories is not going to help you reach your goal and it will make it harder to keep the weight off if you lose it. Look up your TDEE and eat about 20% less than that. Add strength training or hiit and be patient!