Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

MFP Meetups?

nyprdiva
nyprdiva Posts: 76 Member
edited 1:37AM in Motivation and Support
Are there ever meetups/meet and greets where members who are in the same area can get together and chat about their experiences, find workout partners and general friendship?

Replies

• staps065
    staps065 Posts: 837 Member
    Never heard of any but taht might be fun!
  • SoldierDad
    SoldierDad Posts: 1,602
    Not that i know of. A few ppl live near me but I have never really tried to meet any of them offline.
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    I know some people on here have met up to do runs and stuff, but I have never heard of a formalized event.
  • PoisonSugar
    PoisonSugar Posts: 51
    That would be nice!! I think I'll start a Muskegon, MI - Meet and Greet!!
  • That would be fun!
  • MzMolly
    MzMolly Posts: 169 Member
    I agree that would be fun and I would love to find more support.
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    I've met a few MFP'ers in person. We all ate & drank too much! :laugh:

Good times, good times! :drinker:
  • That would be fun, but not to many people live around me. I live in a very small town in Utah. That would be cool though!
  • nyprdiva
    I guess it's the publicist and networker in me that brought it up. It's kind of like how Weight Watchers and everyone has meetings but instead of weigh-ins, we could talk about struggles and successes, exchange recipes, celebrate milestones, etc. Maybe a monthly thing....a support group kinda sorta.....
  • I love that idea too, but haven't been able to find any one close enough to where I live to do anything like that.
  • sweetbn
    sweetbn Posts: 318
    I would go for it... but haven't met anyone around me yet. :):)
  • nyprdiva
    For those living a little further out than others...would you do something on a quarterly basis where you would meetup in say the closest major city to you? Like. Maybe that would be a fun little thing to look forward to.

Those closer maybe able to meet more frequently....say every month or so. And it wouldn't have to be just for food. But maybe a fun activity (yoga, picnics (where people can bring their unique recipes from their food diaries), field day (yep, just like in elementary school with all the fun and games, swimming, a day at the beach, whatever).

Summer's here, we should do something.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    I've met a few MFP'ers in person. We all ate & drank too much! :laugh:

Good times, good times! :drinker:

SOME DAY :love:
  • aunienue
    aunienue Posts: 416
    Hmmm, you guys know too many of my secrets.... :bigsmile: :noway:
  • RhondaCrombie
    RhondaCrombie Posts: 292
    How FUN! I would LOVE it!:smile:
  • get_fit2009
    get_fit2009 Posts: 827 Member
    I live near one MFPer and we did get together for a fun hike. We had a great time!
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    I'd do it! If there are any Massholes around here that want to, I'd be happy to. There's a 5K in Ipswich on June 26th, what a great way to meet! I'm running it, anyone else want to?
  • tazlady
    tazlady Posts: 60
    that is a great idea. .who wants to organize it and what city do you start in lol.. :laugh:
  • nyprdiva
    I've seen a few meetups pop up on the forums already. But hey...why not start one in your town or city. I'm trying to organize one in the NYC area.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    I flew to Texas from NC and met two MFPers :)
    I'm flying to Boston next week and meeting another :)
This discussion has been closed.