Tips on FitBit, or activity trackers?

Options
Hi there, I have had a few people tell me about these devices that will track your activity. Everything from steps, stairs, calories burned to sleep patterns. The newest wrist band FitBit looks amazing and it syncs to MFP. My question is regarding the kind of smartphone I have and compatability. I have a Droid Galaxy S2. They only seem to work with the S3 and the iphones. Do you know if there are any that still work well (comparable to the FitBit with sleep thingy) but would be compatible with my phone? I would love to know how much rested sleep I am getting on a regular basis with my weird work hours. And i def want it to work with MFP. Thanks guys, you never know who will have the info you need on here. I appreciate the help! Its time to get past the plateau

Replies

• mjl54
    mjl54 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Not sure on the answer about your phone but even if you don't know imediatly it will show you as soon as you sync it to your computer.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    I don't know about other devices, but I have the fitbit zip. I have a compatible phone to sync with, but I have found I rarely use that feature. Most of the time I just do it when I get home.
  • Wendyvail
    Wendyvail Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    i think it had something to do with bluetooth 4. it syncs automatically with the right phone i believe, at least with the new wristband one. but youre saying i technically dont need to worry about it if i choose to use it online rather than with my phone? i just dont want to spend the money on something i cant use daily... hmm
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    All of the new fitbit models can:

A) Sync to your computer using a wireless dongle that is included with the purchase of your device

"Connect to any computer with Fitbit’s wireless sync dongle (included). Sync occurs automatically when your tracker sits within 20 feet of a dongle." - directly from Fitbits flex product info page

or
    B) Sync via bluetooth 4 to a few phone models
  • Wendyvail
    Wendyvail Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    so THATS what a dongle is! i couldnt figure that out