loosing weight as we age

Options
Hi every one ,
My daughter recommended this forum , so here i am , hope to meet like minded people and we can share
story's of our life's,
fat days slim days , and pig out days when we fall off the wagon days ha ha
As I'm now 60 yrs old and not as slim as i was , I'm hoping you all can keep me on the straight and narrow ..........
look forward to been on this forum .
thank you

Replies

• jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!

Weight loss is 100% achievable no matter your age. Take some time to learn about proper nutrition and exercise (by that I mean lifting heavy - and heavy is relative). Especially as we age we need to protect against osteoporosis and weight lifting is the best way to do that...

Please try to avoid common mistakes such as under eating and too much cardio. These mistakes will hinder your progress. Search the forums for "eat more to weigh less" or "in place of a roadmap" and calculate your numbers based on that method. Aim for 30% protein every day (unless you have some medical issue with protein).

Finally, be patient. It takes some time to learn better habits with food and for the weight to come off - do not deprive yourself of everything you love...just eat in moderation. Also, forgive yourself for missteps and move forward - we all have them.

Best of luck to you!!!