I'm a Calorie Wh-re.

jerren
jerren Posts: 196
edited September 21 in Fitness and Exercise
I thought this would be an interesting topic to bring up. What are some of the strangest activities you've counted calories burned for?

For example:

Yesterday I had to change a flat on my car. I just so happened to have completed a day of c25k about an hour earlier and I still had my HRM in the car. So I tossed it back on and 15 mins later, BAM 110 calories burned for changing a flat. lol.

So anyone else care to share any out of the ordinary activities that turned out to be a good calorie burner?

Replies

• jerren
    *crickets*

LOL, atleast I thought it was a good topic. LMAO
  • hawkeye01
    hawkeye01 Posts: 162
    I wore my HRM last weekend while working in the yard. I knew that the weed eating and edging would result in some pretty good calories burned, but didn't expect much from mowing since I have a riding mower. I was amazed that I burned a total of 700 calories from about 2 hours of yardwork.

This is not an out of the ordinary activity, but didn't want your posting to go blank. :)
  • pearlyfatcat
    pearlyfatcat Posts: 31 Member
    weed eating is a out of the ordinary activity for me! and yes I have wore it while weed eating! My odd one would be while shampooing the carpets. I burned around 500 for about an hour and 20 mins. It was three rooms and 2 sets of stairs!
  • sngnyrslp
    sngnyrslp Posts: 315 Member
    Day before yesterday, I spent two hours putting together a futon in a very hot room. When I was finished, I realized how exhausted I was and I wish I knew how many calories I burned doing it!
  • Anna_15
    Anna_15 Posts: 22
    I have actually tried to log things such as "laughing" or "coughing violently". (they weren't on the database) :-P But they do feel like good workouts!
  • jerren

This is not an out of the ordinary activity, but didn't want your posting to go blank. :)

lol thanks a lot buddy!
  • Ms_Natalie
    Ms_Natalie Posts: 1,030 Member
    weed eating is a out of the ordinary activity for me! and yes I have wore it while weed eating! My odd one would be while shampooing the carpets. I burned around 500 for about an hour and 20 mins. It was three rooms and 2 sets of stairs!

Haha...weed eating? That made me giggle :flowerforyou:
  • rcatr
    rcatr Posts: 374 Member
    if i'm on a machine working out - and i know those calorie measure aren't spot on - but still...i'll stay on for 3 more..5 more...10 more minutes....JUST to get those extra calories...the numbers on the screen are just so tempting
  • happy_jax
    happy_jax Posts: 289 Member
    I know the post is a little old...but it rang true to me, I have to say I have recorded some very weird things!

Yesterday for example...I was in our showroom at work - dressing mannequins (bloody hard work...why can't they just BEND their arms and legs?!) and setting up all the grids to showcase all the spring-summer 2011 product (really heavy) ...as I was the only one there I put on my HRM and burnt a good few hundred calories doing something I wouldn't otherwise have recorded.

I've done the same thing washing the car...by the time I've done mine, my partners and his 'play car' I'd burnt over 800 calories! (And got a nice tan!)
This discussion has been closed.