Waaaaay under calories...what to do??

xtina11179
xtina11179 Posts: 352
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
Okay, here's the deal. I didn't feel well this morning so I stayed in bed reeeeally late, like noon. So obviously I didn't eat breakfast. I had a salad and a can of tuna for lunch, a string cheese and apple for a snack, then a 6 oz chix breast, a little bit of mashed potatoes, somes peas and some bread & butter. Plus, I walked on the treadmill for an hour. So now I am under my calories by 301. I even reduced the calories the database estimated by 50 calories. So my question is, what the heck am I supposed to eat to use up my calories? I really need to eat them because I have it set to 1200. The problem is, I am over my protein by 32 due to the tuna and chicken. Any advice??

Replies

• xtina11179
    Oh yeah, and it is only 5 o'clock so I'm sure I will want something else before the end of the day! :ohwell:
  • kah78
    kah78 Posts: 376 Member
    One day won't hurt. If you really want to use up the calories, then maybe it is time for a treat...just a small one though. :-)
  • mapnerd2005
    mapnerd2005 Posts: 363
    you could eat your breakfast. Who says it has to be eaten in the morning?
  • xtina11179
    I love breakfast for dinner!! It is my favorite!! I'll see how I feel in an hour or two, maybe I'll have some eggs and toast!! I must say, I am reeeeeally full right now though. :explode: <~~ That's me ready to explode!! LOL!
  • Valhead
    Valhead Posts: 19
    i agree...time for a treat. i am definitely NOT an expert at this and have only been going for a couple of weeks. I allow myself to eat basically whatever I would like as long as it fits within my calorie limit I am good. so far the weight is flying off and i feel full and not deprived in any way. (i expect this will change as i get off more weight, but for now...it is pretty sweet!) best of luck to you!
  • xtina11179
    I love breakfast for dinner!! It is my favorite!! I'll see how I feel in an hour or two, maybe I'll have some eggs and toast!! I must say, I am reeeeeally full right now though. :explode: <~~ That's me ready to explode!! LOL!

Oh wait....I am way over my protein....eggs might not be such a good idea. What are the consequences for eating too much protein anyway??
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Yogurt and a piece of fruit? Or a smoothie, which is basically the same thing in different form.

2 pieces of whole wheat toast with a little bit of butter or jelly (I can't eat dry toast!)
  • gecallo
    gecallo Posts: 135
    Fruits and nuts :o]
  • xtina11179
    i agree...time for a treat. i am definitely NOT an expert at this and have only been going for a couple of weeks. I allow myself to eat basically whatever I would like as long as it fits within my calorie limit I am good. so far the weight is flying off and i feel full and not deprived in any way. (i expect this will change as i get off more weight, but for now...it is pretty sweet!) best of luck to you!

I like the treat idea! The last time I did this, I was the same way, eating pretty much whatever I wanted (smaller portions), as long as it was within my alotted calories and I had very good success!! This time I am trying to balance things a little better hoping that it will be easier to keep off in the long run.
  • xtina11179
    Yogurt and a piece of fruit? Or a smoothie, which is basically the same thing in different form.

2 pieces of whole wheat toast with a little bit of butter or jelly (I can't eat dry toast!)

I DO have yogurt! Maybe an apple with some vanilla yogurt! It's kind of like a treat!! But still healthy! I think I'm sold!
  • So I'm right there with you. I am almost 600 calories where I should be every day . . . I don't know what to eat without totally going off my other numbers. My fat is the hard one because I eat nuts and almond butter for protein alot of times (sometimes beans).
  • cbullock115
    cbullock115 Posts: 110
    Don't worry about going over on protein, I do that most days anyway. Good luck!!
  • xtina11179
    So I'm right there with you. I am almost 600 calories where I should be every day . . . I don't know what to eat without totally going off my other numbers. My fat is the hard one because I eat nuts and almond butter for protein alot of times (sometimes beans).

This is how I look right now:

301 55 21 -34
    Calories Carbs Fat Protein

I still have PLENTY of everything else....just no protein. I guess I will have a cup of yogurt, an apple and .....something else for carbs and fat?? I dunno what....but something...
  • sabrinafaith
    sabrinafaith Posts: 607 Member
    change your protein setting to at least 60 grams a day. That's what its supposed to be. I eat between 75 and 100 grams a day. Change your fiber to 25 grams a day also.

Now, you have room for the protein your body needs to function and keep you satiated. Worry more about going over fat than anything else.

And I totally agree with eating a fat free yogurt and fruit as an after dinner treat.
  • KatieM7
    KatieM7 Posts: 588 Member
    Every thing I have read is that you should get at least 60 g protein and 30 fiber. It helps in weight loss. The yogurt and fruit sounds good there are times that I will eat nuts to up my calories.
  • PixieGoddess
    PixieGoddess Posts: 1,833 Member
    Same problem here, I still have over 300 calories left today....a smoothie sounds really good......
This discussion has been closed.