Dr OZ

Options
Seen chris powell on oz yesterday very interesting on his views on weight loss. Did anyone else see that program?? What are your toughts??

Replies

• onwarddownward
    onwarddownward Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    image-10.jpg
  • Diamond05
    Diamond05 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I haven't seen it. What were they saying?
  • RekindledRose
    RekindledRose Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    I don't give any of Dr. Oz's recommendations much consideration. He contradicts himself too much, and seems too eager to jump on the latest fad.
  • slim422
    slim422 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I don't give any of Dr. Oz's recommendations much consideration. He contradicts himself too much, and seems too eager to jump on the latest fad.

This above and despite a seemingly great and caring personality (not to mention he may in fact be an excellent physician/surgeon) he is tied into the pharmacology industry along with other issues his sponsor/network/Harpo will "encourage" him to reflect in the show. Don't ever think it's about any thing other than money.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    image-10.jpg

^^^ this succinctly sums up my opinion about Dr Oz
  • babeinthemoon
    babeinthemoon Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Seen chris powell on oz yesterday very interesting on his views on weight loss. Did anyone else see that program?? What are your toughts??

Generally, I think that Dr. Oz is a bit of a quack. But.... with that being said, I started the carb cycling program in Chris Powell's "Choose to Lose" book last June. Over the next 5 months I had lost nearly 50 pounds. Starting in November I really started messing with the program, and managed to continue to lose weight, but very very slowly. I finally hit the 50 pound mark in January, and have "maintained" since then. Granted, I have not followed the plan AT ALL consistently over the last 4+ months... so I am thrilled with my maintenance.

I just received my copy of "Choose more, Lose More... for life" in the mail today. It is a great update from his first book. I'm looking forward to resetting my diet for the summer, and enjoying life. My biggest problem with the traditional carb cycling is that I found that I didn't have enough energy on low-carb days to do the training I have wanted to do, and have had the energy to do since I have lost the weight I have so far.

Check out my blog if you are at all interested in reading my story so far. I have a few posts that I need to write... but have to take the time to do it. :wink:
  • Mrsfreedom41
    Mrsfreedom41 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    :drinker: I watche Dr. Oz yesterday and I don't really pay attention to his recommendations on supplements or food choices. I watched it yesterday simply for the information that Chris Powell had to offer about food for a diet and the exercises he demonstrated that you can do in 5 minutes. I think he is an alright guy and I may get his book(s) to get some more information regarding diet and exercise. This is just my own opinion on Dr. Oz. and Chris Powell.
  • RedRita32
    RedRita32 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    The part I saw was they were saying to calculate your calories that your body needs everyday to maintain weight was to multiply your body weight by the number 12...and that you should eat under those calories in order to lose weight...he didn't say use the minus 20 method or the 500-1000 less methods either he just plainly said to eat under that number...then he showed how to determine potions by using your hands, without a scale.
  • RedRita32
    RedRita32 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    The part I saw was they were saying to calculate your calories that your body needs everyday to maintain weight was to multiply your body weight by the number 12...and that you should eat under those calories in order to lose weight...he didn't say use the minus 20 method or the 500-1000 less methods either he just plainly said to eat under that number...then he showed how to determine potions by using your hands, without a scale. Which was okay cause I'm one of those that don't have a scale (yet) :)