Success Stories with Paleo Diet?? plz share.

Options
2»

Replies

• Harrisonsauntie
    Options
    http://www.t-nation.com/diet-fat-loss/paleo-the-good-bad-and-the-ugly

I don't see any point cutting out dairy and rice/spuds/bread

Like the general idea of whole foods etc
  • ZealousMissJJ
    ZealousMissJJ Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I don't have that much to lose, but my stomach is definately A LOT better on Paleo. Also like many described, more energy throughout the day, no sugar highs and deep lows where I feel I have to take a nap anymore. Sleep is MUCH better. I'm a lot calmer now too where I used to have these explosions of energy/neuroticness :wink:.

I'm reading The Food Hourglass by Kris Verburgh. Good eyeopener! It's not a Paleo book, but has a lot of similarities when it comes to eating grain, starch and pasta's (or processed foods in general).

Edited to say I currently eat about 90% Paleo. I think 80%-20% (80% paleo - 20% anything that fits your macro's) is a good way to eat healthy but not stress over eating out from time to time.
  • lighteningjeanne855
    lighteningjeanne855 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    On July 1, 2013, I weighed 315 pounds. I was diabetic, and was beginning
    to show damage in my eyes and kidneys. I decided to give up the simple, starchy foods
    that caused high blood glucose for diabetics: wheat, corn, rice, and potatoes.
    I have lost @50 pounds in 6 months. I'm never hungry; I never have any cravings.
    It's rather alarming at first, when you realize that you have not thought about food
    for 3 (4, 5) hours. I adore that I can have full-fat foods, butter, eggs and bacon.
    I can do this for the rest of my life, happily.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!