Ladies - Abs and large chest?

Options
Okay first, I know men are going to read this thread. Jokes are okay, but please no creepy comments (or private messages) asking for pics. I can't believe I actually have to say that. Also, I am fully aware that I am vain and vapid, and no, I don't care. Moving right along...

I am currently between a 34D and 34DD and about 28% body fat. I am currently working on lowering my body fat %, hopefully to about 20%, in order to have good muscle definition throughout my body. I also really want nice abs. I have a bit of definition now, but I would like at least a 4 pack. My problem is that I want to keep my boobs. I love my chest and without it I would probably look like a boy since I have wide shoulders and no hips :grumble: . But I know that breasts are mainly body fat and I feel like I would have to trade one or the other.

So, my question is, are there any ladies out there who are a C cup or higher and have some nice abs? If so, do you credit genetics or your specific workout program?

Replies

• laurynwithawhy
    laurynwithawhy Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Anyone?
  • ElenakiFra
    ElenakiFra Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    My bodyfat is 18% I have abs but its imposible to show off cause of the loose skin on that area cause of twin pregnancy.
    I dont want to be discourajing but i would call i wear no cup! :angry: I lost it all and they are saggy too ! I hope some girls with abs a nd a decent cup size will reply!
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    bump, I'm curious too.
  • tiggerhammon
    tiggerhammon Posts: 2,211 Member
    Options
    I have the huge boobs but still have the fat. I sure hope mine don't go away either.
  • sexymuffintop
    sexymuffintop Posts: 636
    Options
    The thing is with fat, is it seems to come off where it feels like it. If your body chooses to chuck off some booby fat then theres not a lot you can do about it unfortunately. You just kinda have to let the body do its own thing? Working on your chest muscles will help keep things looking perky so thats always a good option. Either that or a visit to the surgeon...lol
  • flitabout
    flitabout Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Well before I had kids that about where I was. I miss my pretty abs. But honestly how I got killer abs and it was't on purpose but did it in 2 ways. I worked at pizza hut I was the dough girl and wow that even helped get the muscles in my back get defined. The other part was riding horses and cleaning stalls. Specifically riding english. When at the trot you do something called posting where you kind of pop up out of the saddle every other beat. The bulk of the muscle used for that is in your core. I did lose a bit of my boobs but with amount of muscle I put on in my chest it made my boobs perkier and actually bigger. The muscle didn't make me look manly in anyway. I was in a 32 D bra with a 22 inch waist. I'm not sure what my BF was because like I said I wasn't trying for it. I was just working and doing what I loved.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    My boobs have goooooooooone... And I was only an a cup to start with!

Genetics will play a part, you may be luckily that you keep most of your boobs, or they they may disappear, you will just have to see what happens and decide whether you want defined abs or boobage!
  • Silvervixen79
    Silvervixen79 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Hi, As I've got smaller the chest band of my bra has had to go down but my actual cup size has stayed the same, From a 42 E to a 36 E (DDD in US sizing).. I know that this does mean the actual measurement of my breasts has got smaller but always in proportion which I am happy with :) One bonus I hadnt planned on was that as my waist gets smaller there is alot more emphasis on my boobs, making them look even bigger lol
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    To be perfectly honest, when I got down to very low body fat percentages 15-16% (still no six pack, grrrr) I became almost completely flat chested. I went from a full C cup to barely an A.

I got a breast implants, and am still happy with them today (this is 9 years later, btw). I'm at around 22% body fat now and just love my chest at a DD. ;-)
  • alisonlynn1976
    alisonlynn1976 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Well, not now, but when I was in college, I had large breasts and good abs. I wore a 34C bra at that time, but I didn't know about proper measuring yet, so I think my cup size was actually higher. The breasts, genetics. The abs, I was a belly dancer and danced every day, I'm sure that had a lot to do with it.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I'm a C Cup and have a flat stomach. Not sure what my bodyfat percentage is, though. It's all genetics when it comes to if you lose your boobs or not. If I got low enough that I had prominent abs, I might lose more boob.
  • 777twist
    777twist Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    What if you want to lose your "booby fat" as Sexymuffintop calls it? I need that program! ;-)
  • laurynwithawhy
    laurynwithawhy Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Hmm interesting answers, thanks ladies!