fat vs calories

I had a work lunch today so I couldn't have my regular salad... I ordered a salad at the restaurant... However it had walnuts, blue cheese, and of course a regular salad dressing, not fat free... When I inputed my food I realized I had almost used up all of my grams of fat for the day but only about 2/3 of my calories...

Can being over in fat be counteracted by less calories? Not sure how this works... Going to the gym now so that will buy back some calories but not sure whether work outs take off grams of fat...

Any insight would be much appreciated...

Thanks

Replies

• B TOWN
    B TOWN Posts: 32
    I had a work lunch today so I couldn't have my regular salad... I ordered a salad at the restaurant... However it had walnuts, blue cheese, and of course a regular salad dressing, not fat free... When I inputed my food I realized I had almost used up all of my grams of fat for the day but only about 2/3 of my calories...

Can being over in fat be counteracted by less calories? Not sure how this works... Going to the gym now so that will buy back some calories but not sure whether work outs take off grams of fat...

Any insight would be much appreciated...

Thanks
  • squankish
    squankish Posts: 78 Member
    working out will take off grams of fat. i don't know exactly how it works either though.
    it sounds like a delicious and healthy lunch, though!
    :heart:
  • walnuts are good fats and I don't worry about it if I stay within my calories. As far as the dressing goes I always ask for it on the side if I think it is going to be a problem. I did that today and used less than 1/2 of what they gave me which was probably 2-3 servings.

I still think it is all about the calories. If you are over on fats and calories then you might have been able to make a different choice.

I also have a friend who asks for a vegie plate (they have to give you the special meal that way) now you have more control over the intake.

I think you will be fine and always better after a work out.

LtSoccerMom