Food i ate is not in the database

Options
What do i do? because i have no idea how many calories it was. It was a pretty large taco salad from ponchos mexican restaurant. But none of there things is listed in the database when i entered it.anyone else run into this issue?

Replies

• Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    pick something that is pretty close to what you ate, There is bound to be another brand or similar item.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    You just guess how much was of everything and put that in - so 1/2 cup of cheese, lettuce, 1/2 cup of guacamole etc. It will probably be very inaccurate, but heck. That's why I'm super annoying and try to stick with restaurants that have the nutrition info on their website.
  • Sycoholic
    Sycoholic Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    you can add the ingredients individually or try and find something similar that is listed. I had to do that before when eating out at a burrito shop.
  • trentwiggly
    trentwiggly Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    What do i do? because i have no idea how many calories it was. It was a pretty large taco salad from ponchos mexican restaurant. But none of there things is listed in the database when i entered it.anyone else run into this issue?

I have run into this many times. First, never underestimate the power of a search engine. Somebody out there may have found the answer to the nutrition info on the salad. If that doesn't work, work up what the recipe could potentially be...I even overestimate to be sure, and go for it. Lot of work but it'll be there for you next time...or for somebody else. Good luck!