Fitbit

Options
Hello,

I have a fitbit. I have the device connected to this site since I use the food tracking/database. Do my calories burned shown on my device connect here? It doesn't seem to be the case but I wasn't sure. Anyone else have experience with this?

Thanks!

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    There are two ways to see if your calories are coming over. If you go over and above what MFP already assumes you will earn in a day you will see a FitBit adjustment under exercise. If you just want to make sure everything is working under the Home tab under Check-In you will see FitBit steps and I believe it shows the last time it synced.
  • donnaleighh
    donnaleighh Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Ya, I do - I use FB for my steps but I log food and all other exercise (outside of walking) here on MFP.

There are a few things you need to do in the setup so that it is more accurate...

1. Have the two accounts linked.
    2. On MFP have your activity set as sedentary.
    3. On MFP Click the enable negative adjustments tab (under food and exercise diary settings - calorie adjustments)
    4 Make sure they are set to the same time zone.

And look for them in the exercise tab under fitbit adjustment as ready2rock206 has already suggested.

This thread on Fitbit Community may help ... http://www.fitbit.com/forums/topic/4KTZ2J9SRNHCT

I hope this helps :) Donna
  • Querian
    Querian Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Ya, I do - I use FB for my steps but I log food and all other exercise (outside of walking) here on MFP.

There are a few things you need to do in the setup so that it is more accurate...

1. Have the two accounts linked.
    2. On MFP have your activity set as sedentary.
    3. On MFP Click the enable negative adjustments tab (under food and exercise diary settings - calorie adjustments)
    4 Make sure they are set to the same time zone.

And look for them in the exercise tab under fitbit adjustment as ready2rock206 has already suggested.

This thread on Fitbit Community may help ... http://www.fitbit.com/forums/topic/4KTZ2J9SRNHCT

I hope this helps :) Donna
    This is what I do. You can see my Fitbit adjustment showing on my exercise log if you want to see how it looks. :smile:
  • LaLaAlways
    LaLaAlways Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    what does the negative adjustment do? sorry to get in your thread
  • donnaleighh
    donnaleighh Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    There is an explanation for this from jenkins in the thread I posted ... basically mfp will base its calculations on what it expects you to expend each day, whileFB will base its calc on what you actually expend Enabling negative adjustments will allow this adjustment to be recorded on MFP when for example you are having a less active day...
  • Hoodwinkstar
    Hoodwinkstar Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!