Net calories? What's that?

Options
I noticed that after I log my exercise burned calories my calories change, and then the net calories go up. Does that mean I have to eat more calories? Or burn more calories?
Please help. This can be so confusing

Replies

• cgrout78
    cgrout78 Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    your net calories is based on your activity. I have my calories for the day set to my approximate BMR and so I eat my exercise calories back. Some have it set to their TDEE and don't eat them back. You don't want your net to stay below your BMR for an extended length of time or you can stall weight loss. There are tons of threads on here about setting calorie goals, eating back exercise calories etc.
  • changeyourlimits
    Options
    Hi xoxo,
    Your net calories is the amount of calories you ate today minus the amount of calories you burned. If you ate 1200 in a day and burned 300 in a work out then you only took in 900 calories for the day. Or in other words have a net calorie intake of 900. You measure that with your calorie intake for the day and that would determine if you can eat more or need to work out more.

Hope that helps,

Ramon
  • xoxo2200
    xoxo2200 Posts: 57
    Options
    Hi xoxo,
    Your net calories is the amount of calories you ate today minus the amount of calories you burned. If you ate 1200 in a day and burned 300 in a work out then you only took in 900 calories for the day. Or in other words have a net calorie intake of 900. You measure that with your calorie intake for the day and that would determine if you can eat more or need to work out more.

Hope that helps,

Ramon

Thank you Ramon. Now it all makes sense :)