Mother's Day - who's eating what they want?

Options
All you moms - will you be pigging out or watching your calories on Mother's Day? I haven't decided yet - going to Macaroni Grill.

Replies

• endoftheside
    endoftheside Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    We did our fun family thing on Thursday (including a mommy picked sushi restaurant), so I don't think it's going to be a blowout here. Leftover pizza is probably the most decadent thing on the menu (ha!)
  • Leeann1979
    Leeann1979 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I pigged out today. We had 2 family dinners today. Tomorrow I will eat what I want, Im not going to pig out on purpose cuz I ate a lot today. But if I feel like eating lots, I will. I will decide tomorrow. Probably wont log
  • wiseeliz
    wiseeliz Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I'm not the mom, but my family just got home from an Italian restaurant where they take delicious food and then smother it in cheese. Glad I spent an hour at the gym this morning, will be doing so again tomorrow to offset the leftovers! But it was fun and delicious and totally worth it.
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    I plan to have a liquid evening, and it's going to be fabulous. :D
  • Diamondgirl369
    Diamondgirl369 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Ate cautiously today to celebrate at an Italian restaurant in terms of portions, but ate lots of high caloric foods and well over my daily normal intake. I say log it no matter what, I did and if it is your truth then it's okay. Don't stop living, just try to limit it to the one meal and get back on the saddle. Happy Mother's Day!
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    Absolutely. And I'll do the same next weekend when I go out for my birthday. :)
  • LuckyMunky
    LuckyMunky Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I'll probably eat well for the first half of the day, and then come dinner time will survive on too much grease and a bottle of wine with NO KIDS!
  • quiltlovinlisa
    quiltlovinlisa Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    Dinner, hotdogs at my inlaws. Portion control shouldn't be a problem. (tomorrow, my son and his cousin have a birthday, so that kinda overshadows mother's day)
  • FaerieCae
    FaerieCae Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Mothers day here and im logging, not bingeing but im going to eat what I feel like today, within reason.
  • MyOwnSunshine
    MyOwnSunshine Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    ummm... kind of???

I'm usually all about taking holidays off, but I'm really motivated to get my last 10 pounds off so I've committed to doing a fairly strict 28-day cut.

We are going to a Diamondbacks game tomorrow, though, and I LOVE ballpark food.

My plan is to start the day with a protein shake, not eat until I get to the game, and then pick one meal item, one snack item, and some ice cream to eat during the game. After I get home, I'll try to minimize the eating and stay fairly clean and protein-oriented. I'm okay with going over calories a bit, but I don't want to get too carried away, like I usually do on special occasions.
  • ContraryMaryMary
    ContraryMaryMary Posts: 1,685 Member
    Options
    I've just eaten a decent slice of decadent chocolate cake. Happy mothers' day me!!! It'll be a maintenance day today as a result.
  • bornleader79
    bornleader79 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    watching calories!!!!! Im in mommy beast mode....lol! All you ladies have a wonderful Mothers Day!!!!!
  • majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    We usually go out for Mother's Day, but my husband is returning from a work trip and I'm not sure if he'll get here in time. If we do go out, I'll try to keep within my usual calories but won't freak if I go over a little.
  • siqiniq
    siqiniq Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I'm eating what I want to, and making it fit into my daily plan. No celebration here. I try not to celebrate with food anymore.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    We celebrated it tonight, I stayed within my calories, proud of myself!!! :bigsmile:
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    My mom and I are going to a buffet.. Mainly because she gets a free mimosa and a flower.. Lol.

I plan to eat what looks good and not eat what doesn't!
  • sem41278
    sem41278 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I ate a bit too much today so tomorrow is water veg and fruit day for me.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    I am every day. I don't gain but I'd like to lose the last 2kgs. I can't get back into worrying about it when I look fine already. It's hard. Maybe one day I will.
  • belle_of_the_bar
    belle_of_the_bar Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    We're going for sushi so we'll see how it goes. I can pretty much guarantee that I'll be over on carbs though. Happy Mother's Day all!
  • mlfrailing
    mlfrailing Posts: 79
    Options
    Taking wife and mom (and everyone else) to a buffet tomorrow. I have the best of intentions until I break the plane of the front door.