Favorite Healthy Foods?

Options
I'm just starting out and I'm wondering what kinds of healthy meals and snacks are favorites for you. I personally like cottage cheese & peaches and celery with cream cheese, but I'm looking to expand my snack choices. I'm also really looking for healthy meal ideas besides salad!

Replies

• Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    Apple slices with melted peanut butter and cinnamon. Yummy.
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    Yes, peanut butter! Also, dry roasted, lightly salted pecans and almonds. Fat-free greek yogurt with fresh fruit is one of my favs too.
  • LoveMy4Kids
    LoveMy4Kids Posts: 231
    Options
    SNACKS:
    -unsalted rice cakes with 1 light wedge of laughing cow cheese and some cucumber
    -unsalted rice cakes with peanut butter and half a sliced banana
    -slim fast crunchy peanut butter snack bars (when I feel like something sweet)
    -cheetos baked cheesies (100 cal. packs)
    -onion flavoried rice crackers dipped in a light laughing cow cheese wedge
    -mini flavored rice cakes
    -veggies dipped in low fat cream cheese and salsa
    -home made fruit salad

Meals
    bbq'd chicken breast, rice, vegggies
    I love using pam olive oil cooking spray in a pan and slicing up fresh mushrooms and onions with some fresh crushed garlic! goes great with any meat and is a great filler!
  • _SpeshK_
    _SpeshK_ Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    -Salmon and Tilapia! So good. And they are SO good for you.
    -Toasted wheat bagels with organic or low-fat peanut butter
    (OR toasted wheat/cinnamon bagels with "I can't believe it's not butter" spread)
    -Nature Valley Chewy Fruit and Nut Bars
    -ALMONDS!
    -Steamed veggies(A lot of brands have steam-ready bags of veggies available in grocery stores now...some of them are really tasty! Green Giant is my favorite...they have a ton of choices! You just put the bag in the microwave and they steam-cook!)

ALSO one of my absolute favorites are these snacks that I find at Walgreen's called "Snackin Flax Bites." They are little balls of oats,wheat, and flax seeds and they have a few different flavors(I know it sounds gross, but they're so delicious to me!) My personal favorite is Apple Cranberry but they also have Oatmeal Raisin and Blueberry.
  • PoisonSugar
    PoisonSugar Posts: 51
    Options
    Blueberries or Grapes... Fresh or Frozen.
    Yogurt
    Sherbet
    Baked Chips
    Carrots and Lite Ranch
  • krismaz
    krismaz Posts: 1
    Options
    Fat free greek yogurt & low fat granola is my fav!!! I am also a little addicted to a "full bar". I don't use them the way you're supposed to (before a meal) I have been having one as my night time snack so I am not starving when I go to bed. Good luck! :happy:
  • kintegra
    kintegra Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    My favorite healthy meal is one that I've been using for a few years now & every time I serve it to friends & family they just RAVE over it. Its Parmesan Stuffed Chicken with Melted Strawberries. I got it out of a Better homes & gardens magazine. Just google it & it will come up! Its VERY easy to make & only takes about 30 minutes to cook! I almost always serve it with blanched asparagus. Its an awesome meal!

Calories for the chicken dish are only 395 for an 8 oz serving of chicken! :tongue:
  • BAKECAKE
    BAKECAKE Posts: 10
    Options
    for snacks i love raw peppers with laughing cow, almonds (emerald makes really good cocoa roasted ones that are awesome if you are looking for something sweet), kashi granola bars (i like the "tlc" ones- trail mix is really good), light english muffins are good if you want carbs (i love the fiber one brand- they are really big and fluffy for only 100 cals), greek yogurt (fage 0% is my fav) with strawberries....those are my usual snacks, hope you got some ideas :smile:
  • sjcply
    sjcply Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    light string cheese and almonds
    pure protein bars
    fruit/protein smoothie (homemade with no added sugar)