I knew I was fat, but I didn't realize HOW fat.

Options
2»

Replies

• TheRunningGuppy
    TheRunningGuppy Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I can't say I was really in denial, but I was at the point of not caring. When it started getting hard to do normal everyday things (putting on shoes!) I decided I was done, and a change was needed. Quite honestly, I wish I was at the weight you are currently. I am the same height, 5'2", and weigh 243. And that's down 36 lbs from where I began.
    What worked for me in terms of food, was to log every item I ate, just to get a sense of what I was eating on a normal day. After I realized how much I ate, then I started in on portion sizes. I still eat what I want (chips, chocolate, ice cream) but always in moderation, and with more emphasis on what will keep me full rather than what my cravings are. In fact, one of my pals on here called me a "16 chip enigma" yesterday :happy:
    Also, I exercise like a fiend! I love to eat, and with my calorie goal set at sedentary on here, I eat back portion of my exercise calories (never all though).
    Just remember, the end goal is a calorie deficit. That is what causes weight loss. So if you happen to eat something that is deemed junk food, make up for it with your other food for that day, or exercise, or both. You can do this!
  • NicoleS228
    NicoleS228 Posts: 17 Member
    Options

I'd like to drop 15-20 pounds over the next 3-4 months. Is that reasonable?

YES!!!! This is absolutely reasonable. Today is my 40th day on MFP and also my "weigh day". I have lost a total of 18 pounds. And I still have my junk food every single day. I am an ice cream finatic and I still stay under my allowed calorie intake. I usually go over on my sugars but I try to keep it low and I try to always stay under my carbs and fat allowance. Anyway, my point is, you can do it!! Feel free to add me. Oh yeah, I am also chesty but I have not noticed a change there. Plus with what you say you have, you 'll be alright. :) You 'll feel great and look it!!
  • kcoftx
    kcoftx Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    love the honesty!! u are gonna be awesome:) enjoyyyy!

I am so glad you said that because that's what I like most about this OP too!

Op, you can use this ability to reflect and be honest with yourself to really take you places. It's a fabulous trait!
  • gingersnaps828
    Options
    Dolce, you totally sound like my twin! Everything you said? Me. I don't even know what to say except WE CAN DO THIS!!!! I am on my first week and so far, so good. I have sent you a friend request!!! ;)
  • bristarn90
    bristarn90 Posts: 13
    Options
    I can totally relate to how you feel. I've never been a skinny girl and I don't want to be skinny. I just want to be average and healthy. I've always been overweight. Usually around 145 pounds. But over the past few years I've gained A LOT of weight. I knew I was fat but not HOW fat I really was until I finally worked up the courage to weigh myself. I weigh 195 pounds! That's horrible! I feel very self-conscious and I don't like getting naked around my husband anymore. (I still do but I feel more shy about it now.) I won't even tell him how much I weigh. I'm very disappointed in myself but that's why I decided to finally get serious about losing weight and exercising. I'm a size 18 in jeans and would love to be a size 8 if possible. I used to be a size 12 in high school. Just don't give up and try to stay positive and motivated.