Woman force feeds herself to earn money as BBW

Options

Replies

• jjscholar
    jjscholar Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I would say that particular woman is very bazaar to say the very least...
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    3.5 stone in 6 months?

D+, must try harder!

Seriously... I've pretty much done that when I've just been eating what I want, not wanting to put weight on, but letting myself go a bit too much and comfort eating etc.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    weird. all the threads yesterday were about how it's ok to be overweight as long as you're happy with yourself. and then today if someone wants to become big it's OMGSHOCKANDHORRORZ.

yesterday there was no correlation between weight and health but today it's "That's SO UNHEALTHY" and "She's got a mental problem".

I'm confused.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/986541-a-fat-girl-who-likes-being-fat-1

since when is "she's got a mental health problem" shaming? I suppose it comes across that way when most people in our society think mental health problems are something to be ashamed of, rather than something to be understood and treated. It's extremely sad that as a society we can't say something, which should be taken as expressing sympathy and an attempt to understand someone's bizarre behaviour, without it being taken as an insult. I guess that's the state of the society we live in... I really wish people would change their attitudes towards mental health.... I have mental health problems and it's nothing to be ashamed of - but it is something that usually can be treated and it's terrible if people are suffering from it for years not knowing that it can be treated, because everyone's afraid to talk about it. http://www.time-to-change.org.uk/

I stand by what was said earlier, it seems like he is exploiting her, and people with serious self esteem issues and certain mental health problems are often very vulnerable to being exploited. The idea that she has a kind of eating disorder isn't extreme either.

This situation is nothing like that of an obese person who wants to get fit and healthy but isn't bothered about whether they still have a high body fat percentage or not because they don't hate themselves. This is a physically healthy young woman who's allowing herself to be force fed ridiculous and unhealthy amounts of foods by her boyfriend who seems to care more about his fetish than her health.
  • bilberryjam
    bilberryjam Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    weird. all the threads yesterday were about how it's ok to be overweight as long as you're happy with yourself. and then today if someone wants to become big it's OMGSHOCKANDHORRORZ.

yesterday there was no correlation between weight and health but today it's "That's SO UNHEALTHY" and "She's got a mental problem".

I'm confused.

since when is "she's got a mental health problem" shaming? I suppose it comes across that way when most people in our society think mental health problems are something to be ashamed of, rather than something to be understood and treated. It's extremely sad that as a society we can't say something, which should be taken as expressing sympathy and an attempt to understand someone's bizarre behaviour, without it being taken as an insult. I guess that's the state of the society we live in... I really wish people would change their attitudes towards mental health....

All of this.

If someone takes "this is a mental health problem" as an insult it says an awful lot about their own attitude to mental health.

If this woman was anorexic and purposely starving herself in order to reach a dangerously low body weight, it wouldn't be "thin-shaming" to suggest she is ill. It would be concern and common sense.

And if an anorexic woman's partner restricted her food intake we'd say it was abusive relationship. (People have asked why he's feeding her by funnel - I assume it's because they both get a kick out if it. They've fetishised her eating.)

So why is it different because this woman just because she is trying to reach a weight some of us reached without trying?
  • JustAGirl0916
    JustAGirl0916 Posts: 1,020
    Options
    Speechless
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options

I'm confused.

The difference with that thread is, she isn't purposefully doing it for attention. and she's trying to make her body better.. if she loses, then great.. but she isn't purposefully trying to gain.

This chick on the other the hand, is purposefully feeding herself for attention.. and that cries out as a mental health disorder and un-healthy.
  • TheBaileyHunter
    TheBaileyHunter Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    This makes me think of the movie FEED.

http://youtu.be/FuEp3GAcEKM (trailer)
  • shaynak112
    shaynak112 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    Wow, that's ridiculous, especially for only $1,000/month! When I saw she was earning money, I figured it'd at least be like 5k a month. Not that I'd think that was "right" by any means, but it's still practically pennies!

It's just crazy, she's eating all this unhealthy food. Things like pizza, ice cream, etc. are OK on occasion but should NEVER be made into a daily thing!!
  • craigmandu
    craigmandu Posts: 976 Member
    Options

I'm confused.

I was thinking the same thing. People got attacked there for trying to tell her that what she needed to do was lose weight, but it's cool to tell this woman that she shouldn't be trying to "get" to that weight?
  • Babarrosa1
    Babarrosa1 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Mon Dieu....!! :O
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    all of this just reminds me of how much I want a jumper like this

bret_flight_of_the_conchords_tiger_sweatshirt_foc-re997f33a446c4e929c773d722daca2c3_8na6w_512.jpg
  • existentialcamoo
    Options
    Um. As someone who fully enjoys cooking and baking, I could *easily* put away 5,000 calories of homemade food in one day. If you have to force-feed yourself to get that many calories in, you're eating the wrong kind of food. Let me introduce you to my white chocolate chip cranberry oatmeal cookies or Thai-style cashew chicken.
    That being said, I don't eat 5,000 calories/day (at least, not any more than every few months - when you're baking cookies, sh-t happens), more like 1,500-2,500.

This story is sad, though. Not in the "LOL, a dumb fat person, ha ha ha!" way, but in the brainwashing our society has done to make the few people who do this think it is okay. I genuinely hope she gets help, because it sounds as though she has a great deal of self-esteem issues.
  • FitMrsR
    FitMrsR Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Ironic that I came across this thread. How many threads have been posted that complain about people "fat shaming" others and how horrible it is to make fun of other people's "personal choices", yet here is one more that is doing that very thing?

What's the difference between the reactions on this thread and the "Do I look fat to you?" threads that are out there? The only difference I see is that the woman who is doing this to herself isn't on here to defend herself. Instead, folks have just decided to take it upon themselves to rage in disgust.

Quite the hypocrisy, huh?

This woman has issues greater than wanting to be the biggest woman on the internet. We all know it, and that's not something to poke fun at, in my opinion. What happened to, "If you don't have anything nice to say..."? Oh, yeah, it only applies to certain people who post certain thread topics -- not everyone, right?

It's just sad she choses to live like this. Yes, it's her choice but so is it for people to starve themselves and yet that's unacceptable. She's still killing herself and needs to get help. It's just a discussion about an article and people are allowed to have opinions without it being out of order, IMO
  • ttiiggzz
    ttiiggzz Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Why torture your body that way? :(
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    The fetish industry caters to a whole array of different sexual tastes! I'm not sure why she is using a funnel though. You could probably drink quite a large amount of calories.

To make the story oh so much more dramatic.....also I doubt her boyfriend is force feeding her if she's doing this of her own accord!
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Why is is anybody else's business what she chooses to do?
  • ApocalypticFae
    ApocalypticFae Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Time for a therapist and a new boyfriend!
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Ironic that I came across this thread. How many threads have been posted that complain about people "fat shaming" others and how horrible it is to make fun of other people's "personal choices", yet here is one more that is doing that very thing?

What's the difference between the reactions on this thread and the "Do I look fat to you?" threads that are out there? The only difference I see is that the woman who is doing this to herself isn't on here to defend herself. Instead, folks have just decided to take it upon themselves to rage in disgust.

Quite the hypocrisy, huh?

This woman has issues greater than wanting to be the biggest woman on the internet. We all know it, and that's not something to poke fun at, in my opinion. What happened to, "If you don't have anything nice to say..."? Oh, yeah, it only applies to certain people who post certain thread topics -- not everyone, right?

It's just sad she choses to live like this. Yes, it's her choice but so is it for people to starve themselves and yet that's unacceptable. She's still killing herself and needs to get help.

And so is every obese person, but where's the outcry for that? Hmm..
  • FitMrsR
    FitMrsR Posts: 226 Member
    Options

I'm confused.

since when is "she's got a mental health problem" shaming? I suppose it comes across that way when most people in our society think mental health problems are something to be ashamed of, rather than something to be understood and treated. It's extremely sad that as a society we can't say something, which should be taken as expressing sympathy and an attempt to understand someone's bizarre behaviour, without it being taken as an insult. I guess that's the state of the society we live in... I really wish people would change their attitudes towards mental health....

All of this.

If someone takes "this is a mental health problem" as an insult it says an awful lot about their own attitude to mental health.

If this woman was anorexic and purposely starving herself in order to reach a dangerously low body weight, it wouldn't be "thin-shaming" to suggest she is ill. It would be concern and common sense.

And if an anorexic woman's partner restricted her food intake we'd say it was abusive relationship. (People have asked why he's feeding her by funnel - I assume it's because they both get a kick out if it. They've fetishised her eating.)

So why is it different because this woman just because she is trying to reach a weight some of us reached without trying?

^^yes, this is what I was trying to say. I said the same thing to him because he was like 'whatever it's her choice' because he'd love to eat that much and yet anorexia is bad and how can anyone not eat.
  • twinkiemon
    twinkiemon Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    What the actual heck?! Most women kill themselves at the gym and eat less to have a body like she did before. I have been heavy (273 at my heaviest) and believe me - it is no picnic! Everyone has the right to make their own decisions but I have a feeling she will regret this one (if she lives long enough).

Also, she needs clothes that cover her booty crack. I'm fat too, but I don't go around letting it all hang out. Being proud of your body is one thing, but at least have it covered.